June2020 The key labour and contract law, financial statement disclosures and technological consideration.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Inform clients about the legal and business impact of COVID-19.
- Consider and help shape your client’s response to COVID19 in terms of: Labour law issues, Occupational Health & Safety issues, Cyber security concerns, Accounting considerations, Insolvency consequences (including the basics of Business Rescue), and Directors’ liability.
As far as the effects of COVID-19 are concerned, the main focus for accountants and auditors has been on tax relief and financial considerations. But there are very important legal, employment, technological and other burning issues that must be anticipated and evaluated.
For example: Can you cancel a contract because of COVID-19? Avoiding contact, are electronically signed documents valid? Are there any accounting considerations that you need to look at? Should the impact of COVID-19 on businesses be disclosed in their annual report as a material risk? What are some of the data protection implications of COVID-19 in South Africa? Do flexible and remote working arrangements constitute a cybersecurity threat? Can you be held liable for distributing “fake news” about COVID-19?
During this webinar we look at these and many other questions currently, or soon to be, confronting South African businesses.
The following pricing apply:Ad hoc: R475.00
Study Unit 1
Study Unit 2
COVID-19 potential impact on various parties
- Understand the potential impact of COVID-19 on:
- Employees; and
- Other relevant parties.
Study Unit 3
- Legal repercussions.
- Employment issues.
- Cyber security concerns.
- Accounting considerations.
- Subsequent events.
- Going concern.
- Insolvency consequences – Basics of business rescue.
- Directors’ liability in financially distressed times.
Study Unit 4
- Companies Act & Regulations.
- Occupational Health & Safety Act.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA
Lettie is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. She joined SA Accounting Academy in November 2017 as Head of Technical. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA QUICK UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.