Continuous Professional Development
The Mark of Professionalism
Business Accountants that invest in their own development are aware of legislative changes and developments in the profession and are therefore better equipped to advise on and benefit from these changes.
SAIBA Academy delivers exclusive CPD for SAIBA members, and collaborate with various professional bodies, associations, and providers to make CPD available to you that is both comprehensive, affordable, and internationally comparable.
SAIBA follows a four tier CPD structure:
Engaging in CPD activities ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become outdated or obsolete, and allows for individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ themselves regardless of their occupation, age or educational level.
What is CPD
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a record of what you experience, learn and apply. It is a commitment of professionals towards the enhancement of knowledge and proficiency throughout their careers
Why is CPD important
Maintain your professional expertise.
CPD ensures professionals continue to be competent in their trade or profession. Engaging in CPD activities ensures that both academic and practical qualifications do not become out-dated or obsolete; allowing individuals to continually ‘up skill’ or ‘re-skill’ themselves.
Grow your professional skillset and your career prospects with CPD.
Achieve competence in specific areas that require additional knowledge and expertise by completing CPD events that addresses specialist or new areas.
Get ahead by increasing your credibility, transparency, accountability and stay relevant in terms of compliance and governance.
Boosts productivity and provide better services to your clients
CPD enables you to learn faster and more productive ways of performing your services to your clients.
Is CPD compulsory
Yes, SAIBA, as a professional body registered with SAQA and a SARS Registered Controlling Body (RCB) is required in terms of:
- the Companies Regulations,
the National Qualifications Framework Act, 67 of 2008
- Best practices and
- SARS legislation
- to require members to do CPD,
- to manage members CPD
- to monitor their CPD activity, and
- to report findings to authorities.
What are the required CPD units
- Associate SAIBA members that hold no other designatory letters: 10 CPD units per annum (5 Verifiable, 5 Non-Verifiable)
- BA(SA): 20 CPD units per annum (10 Verifiable, 10 Non-Verifiable)
- CBA(SA): 30 CPD units per annum (15 Verifiable, 15 Non-Verifiable)
- CFO(SA): 40 CPD units per annum (20 Verifiable, 20 Non-Verifiable)
- BAP(SA): 40 CPD units per annum (30 Verifiable, 10 Non-Verifiable)
What are the required CPD units for a holder of multiple designations
If you have more than 1 designation, you are required to complete the CPD for the highest designation.
Is the process evaluated
Yes, SAIBA continuously evaluates the process to ensure compliance and reporting in the most cost effective way for our members.
Why should I consider a subscription
- Saving you money: CPD can be expensive. A subscription is more cost effective than individual CPD events that can cost between R500 to R,1500 per CPD event. A subscription consists of a number of CPD events that keep you updated so that you are aware of changes before your competitors.
- Saving you time: Enjoy all the latest changes and updates conveniently summarised and presented by experts, available for you to view at your convenience. Save time on researching and understanding the impact.
What is the objective of CPD
- Maintain you knowledge and competencies obtained during your formal education.
- Increase your industry knowledge
- Stay up to date with changing trends.
- Help you become more effective in the workplace.
- Increase your employability.
How long will I have access to the content within a subscription
You will have access to the content 365 days after the release date of a CPD event.
What is a CPD unit
One CPD hour equals one CPD unit.
What is SAIBA's CPD Policy
The official CPD policy can be found on CIBA’s website under Policies and Forms. Click here. Select the CPD category on the menu on the left to display the list of documents.