WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As a SAIBA licensed practitioner you will:
- Stand out from the crowd and hence be able to attract more clients.
- Be able to accept referrals from other non-specialist accountants and in this way diversify your client composition to include business clients and other accountants.
- Be offered a specialist work at a higher fee than normal accounting work providing a much higher profit margin per hour of service delivered.
*SAIBA provides guides that are available as part of your preparation. Any recommended textbooks and webinars are an additional cost for your own expense.
The objective of this licence is to equip Business Accountants in Practice to:
- To establish standards on the BAP(SA)’s professional responsibilities when an engagement to perform agreed-upon procedures regarding on the application of a Business Visa in terms of sections 14(1)(a) and (2)(b) of the Immigration Regulations (as amended) under the Immigration Act, No. 13 of 2002, is undertaken, and on the form and content of the report that the BAP(SA) issues in connection with such an engagement.
- To obtain the licence you need to provide evidence of competence in the specialist area. This evidence is presented by passing an exam. The exam is set by an independent industry expert and accredited by SAIBA.
The following pricing apply: R2,500.00
Annual renewal fee from R1,500.00
The License does not form part of a subscription package.
Any recommended textbooks and webinars are an additional cost for your own expense.
Study unit 1
- International standards on related services 4400
Study unit 2
Objective of an agreed-upon procedures Engagements
Study unit 3
General principles of an Agreed-upon Engagements
Study unit 4
Defining the Terms of Engagement
Study unit 5
The BAP(SA) should plan the work so that an effective engagement will be performed
Study unit 6
The BAP(SA) should documents matters which are important in providing evidence to support the report of factual findings
Study unit 7
Procedures and Evidence
- The BAP(SA) should carry out the procedures agreed upon
Study unit 8
The report on an agreed upon procedures engagement needs to describe the purpose
Study unit 9
Illustration of an Engagement letter
Study unit 10
- Illustrated Report
The entry requirements to enroll are as follows:
- a BAP(SA) (SAIBA designation) OR an equivalent designation with another professional body equivalent at NQF level 7 plus SAIBA ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP together with
- a minimum of 3 years of general accountancy experience.
Should you lack the 3 years of general accountancy experience you will have the following options:
- Enroll manually by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, but a certificate will NOT be issued upon completion (enrollment at the same price).
- Apply for an exemption via our Educational Committee based on your practical experience (contact email@example.com). Should the committee approve your experience to be in line with the requirements for the BAP (SA) designation and you successfully obtain the BAP (SA) designation, you will be able to enroll and receive the certificate on successful completion. Should you lack the core subjects required to obtain a BAP (SA) designation, you can upskill and obtain your missing subjects (non-degree purposes). Read more here: HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/QUALIFY/
By enrolling in this exam preparation course, you will be provided with:
- Reference to the recommended textbook
- Knowledge assessments per study unit
- Case study as final exam
The successful completion of the course contributes to 70 hours CPD of which 25% (17 hours) can be claimed as allocation towards your accounting CPD hours, based on SAIBA’s CPD policy that CPD should be weighed according to different categories/topics.
Click here to view the Prospectus:
R 2500 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||70|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Level||NQF Level 7|
Who should attend?
Business Accountant in Practice (SA)
Certified Business Accountants (SA)
Certified Financial Officer (SA)
Practicing members of other professional bodies – additional R360 annual fee to become a SAIBA Associate. Join here.