Private Equity Fund Accounting
To discuss intricate details of private equity including the legislation and accounting. November 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- An understanding of what an investment scheme is.
- An understanding of investment decisions.
- An appreciation of tax law implications of private equity funds.
- A consideration of SARS’ viewpoint on private equity funds.
- An understanding of how to account for a private equity funding entity.
A private equity fund is a collective investment scheme used for making investments in various equity securities according to one of the private equity investment strategies. Private equity funds are essentially fund accounting working with financial instruments and a variety of investors.
What governs private equity funds and how is the accounting for this collective investment scheme performed?
This session answers the above question and aims at giving an understanding of the private equity funding model from the legislation to the accounting. All the unique characteristics of this collective investment scheme are highlighted and discussed in full.
- Adhoc – R475
- Subscription Package – N/A
Study Unit 1
The Collective Investment Schemes Control Act – An overview.
Study unit 2
What is private equity funding?
Study unit 3
Accounting for financial instruments:
- IFRS 9.
- IFRS for SMEs.
Study unit 4
Study unit 5
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.