The effect of Companies Act amendments on Accountants
Aug2020 Overview of recent updates to the Companies Act and the effect on the work of the accountant.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Understand a broad overview of the Companies Act;
- Understand the main purpose of the Act;
- Understand specific parts of the Act that directly affect the accountant's work;
- Know how the CIPC regulates the Act; and
- Understand different stakeholders' roles, responsibilities and liabilities.
- There are no preconditions for this course.
- Moderate level.
- Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
The Companies Act, 2008 is the piece of legislation that forms the backbone of company regulation in South Africa. In a nutshell, it provides for the incorporation, registration, organisation, management and capitalisation of companies. This Act also defines the relationships between companies and their shareholders and directors/members.
The purpose of this webinar is not to discuss all the legal provisions of the Act but to highlight the parts of the Act that affect accountants in their day to day roles. Recent amendments and their effect on the work of the accountant will also be discussed as well as the CIPC's increasing regulatory powers.
The Companies Act in a nutshell will be discussed with a major focus on the accountant's work and compliance requirements.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R575.00
- Subscription: Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice Plus Tax
This webinar will be available from 22 Aug 2020.
Edith Wilkins is currently a director at Sekretari (Pty) Ltd, a company secretarial practice. She has 25 years experience in Advanced Corporate Law and Corporate Governance. Edith acts as company secretary to various large companies on company statutory duties including drafting agendas, board packs, liaising with CIPC, attending meetings and drafting of minutes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
- Business Accountants (SA)
- Financial managers
- Company secretaries
- Accounting officers
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
This event is included in the following subscription packages. If you are not a subscriber, you need to purchase as a stand-alone event.
Accountant in Practice: Yes
Accountant in Practice plus tax: Yes
IFRS for SME's: No
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE?
Subscribers pay less for their CPD points. SAIBA offers 4 subscription packages that provides access to everything to run a successful accounting and tax practice. Pay a small monthly amount and gain access to monthly webinars covering ethics, financials, reporting, audit and assurance, working papers, law, technology, management topics, and tax.