This webinar takes an in-depth look at the approach to be followed when calculating income taxes, especially the principles relating to the calculation of deferred tax. Deferred tax calculations CAN be understood!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the purpose of IFRS for SMEs Section 29 Income Tax.
- Understand the contents of the Standard;
- Understand how to correctly calculate deferred tax;
- Understand how to calculate income taxes; and
- Know how to practically apply the Standard as a whole.
As part of the 2015 updates to the IFRS for SME, the calculation of deferred tax in terms of Section 29 of the IFRS for SMEs was fully aligned with IAS 12 Income Taxes in full IFRS. This webinar takes an in-depth look at the approach to be followed when calculating income taxes, especially the principles relating to the calculation of deferred tax. Deferred tax calculations CAN be understood!
The IFRS for SMEs webinar series is flexible to your timetable, enabling you to fit your studies around your work and social commitments. This series commences in February 2020 and concludes in November 2020.
Anyone, whether a trainee or a practising professional in the field of Accounting, Audit and Tax can attend this series in order to update their knowledge on IFRS for SMEs and / or to learn new standards that have recently been amended / created.
Each webinar is assessed through multiple-choice examinations.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Study Unit 1
Introduction to IFRS for SMEs Section 29 Income Taxes.
Study Unit 2
Recognition of current tax assets and tax liabilities.
Study Unit 3
Measurement of current tax assets and tax liabilities.
Study Unit 4
- Tax bases of assets and liabilities.
- Temporary differences.
- Discounting deferred tax assets and liabilities.
- Offsetting and when it’s allowed.
Anton van Wyk M.Com, CA(SA)
Anton van Wyk is a chartered accountant and independent consultant in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS and IFRS for SMEs). As former subject head of Financial Accounting at various higher education providers (including the University of Johannesburg and Monash University South Africa), he has gained valuable insights into and understanding of the important principles underlying the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction