The Budget and Tax Update Seminar will explore the key aspects of the National Budget Speech and explain recently-promulgated and proposed tax amendments and legislative changes. March 2020
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Be informed about the important tax proposals and amendments contained in the 2020 Budget Speech.
- Train your staff regarding the latest amendments.
- Inform your clients about relevant developments in taxation.
The impact of the budget announcements and amended tax acts has caused significant changes to the tax system. The annual Budget, Payroll and Tax Update Seminar will inform attendees on the recently-promulgated and imminent tax amendments and will unpack all of these developments in a comprehensible manner. This makes the seminar a significant, must-attend event on the calendar of tax practitioners, accountants and bookkeepers everywhere.
Join us for the webinar that will highlight the important tax proposals contained in the 2020 Budget Speech.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax package.
- Highlights of the 2020 Budget Speech
- Recent and proposed amendments including:
- Fringe benefit amendments
- Retirement reforms
- Capital gains tax amendments
- Corporate tax amendments
- Debt relief provisions
- Debt-financed acquisitions
- Share buy-backs and dividend stripping
- Venture capital companies
- Doubtful debt allowance
- Fruitless and wasteful expenditure provisions
- VAT on international transactions
- Other VAT amendments
- Tax administration amendments
- ETI amendments
- SARS rulings, interpretation notes and other SARS documents
- Recent tax case judgment
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Prof Jackie Arendse
PhD MTP(SA) Chartered Accountant (SA)
After completing her training at Deloitte and qualifying as a CA (SA), Jackie was Group Financial Accountant for a top-100 listed company before moving to academia where she has authored, lectured and researched on all aspects of tax for more than 20 years.
Jackie has presented tax seminars and webinars to tax practitioners and businesses around the country for many years and has authored numerous books, articles and publications in the field of taxation including Silke on South African Income Tax. She is the managing author of Silke on Tax Administration, published by LexisNexis and updated annually.
She is involved in an exciting new collaboration with The Tax Faculty to digitise tax training materials.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.