26-27 January 2023
Further guidance was provided on the following problems:
- Updating customer contact details
- Certificates not received by customers
- Login URLs to E-services and BizPortal
- Directors not indicated on company certificates
- Disparity of registration numbers and incorporation dates
- Annual return filing notice
- AR Compliance status reflecting as ‘non-compliant’
- Updating customer contact details (continue button not working for company registration)
1. Updating customer contact details (continue button not working for company registration)
Due to the data migration, some data on customer data on the customer profile did not update. This may result in some customers not being able to register companies, as the system hangs when they click the “Continue” button. Customers are advised to update their customer profiles by following these steps:
- Visit https://eservices.cipc.co.za/Login.aspx and log in with customer code and password
- Select the “Edit Customer Details” button on the left
- Update all customer details. Ensure that the correct email address and cell phone numbers are inserted. It is important to complete the country, province and address
- Click on
2. Certificates not received by customers
There are a high number of disclosure certificates not received by customers. The certificates will be retriggered this evening (27 January 2023). This may result in some customers receiving a duplicate certificate. Such customers are advised to ignore the duplicates, the CIPC is aware of this.
3. Login URLs to E-services and BizPortal
Use the link: https://eservices.cipc.co.za or bizportal.gov.za to do company/cc electronic transactions. Use your Customer code and password to log in.
The “New E-services link” (https://cipcservices.cipc.co.za/) available on cipc.co.za is for the registration of co-operatives and business rescue transactions. Please note that the customers are requested to use their e-mail address as username and CIPC password to log in.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Names reserved on the “New e-services” portal https://cipcservices.cipc.co.za/ can ONLY be used to register enterprises on this portal
(Co-operative registration). The names reserved here CAN NOT be used on e- services for company registration.
5. Directors not indicated on company certificates
ICT is investigating the error and will provide timelines of when this data issue will be resolved. Please await further communication from CIPC in this regard.
6. Disparity of registration numbers and incorporation dates
The registration numbers on the CIPC system are generated using the application date (2022) which is not the same as the incorporation date.
7. Annual return filing notice
After migrating payment data to the old e-services and BizPortal systems, customers who were incorrectly billed will receive credits to their customer code with the incorrectly billed amount.
CIPC will refund customers on the following two conditions:
a) The system incorrectly requested penalties for AR’s during the period of 9 – 20 January 2023 and the customer submitted the 2023 AR.
b) Normal penalties incurred during 9 to 20 January 2023 but due to the system challenges, the customer could not submit/file AR. The condition is that the penalty should not have occurred before 9 January 2023.
E.g., if the company penalty already commenced on or before 8 January 2023 – then the CIPC will not give a credit. If the penalty occurred during 9 – 20, then CIPC will credit the customer’s code with the incorrectly billed amount. Customers should log a ticket for the credit by 10 February 2023, as the CIPC will not allow open-ended credits.
8. AR Compliance status reflecting as ‘non-compliant’
All customers who filed Annual Returns and the transaction fee was received by CIPC during the period of 9 January 2023 to 20 January 2023; and received their certificate of compliance, may see a ‘noncompliant’ status when checking online on the old system from 23 January 2023. Customers are requested not to be concerned as this (non-compliant status) forms part of the migration of data the ICT team.
Customer query contacts:
Call centre: 086 100 2472
Access the original CIPC notices here.