Foreign Investment Accountant
Get authorised to perform a specialised service as set by the National Qualifications Framework Act, 67 of 2008.
|Duration||6 hours, 100 marks|
|Level||NQF Level 6|
What you will learn
As a SAIBA licensed practitioner you will:
- Stand out from the crowd and hence be able to attract more clients.
- Be able to accept referrals from other non-specialist accountants and in this way diversify your client composition to include business clients and other accountants.
- Be offered a specialist work at a higher fee than normal accounting work providing a much higher profit margin per hour of service delivered.
- International standards on related services 4400
- Objective of an agreed-upon procedures Engagements
- General principles of an Agreed-upon Engagements
- Defining the Terms of Engagement
- The BAP(SA) should plan the work so that an effective engagement will be performed
- The BAP(SA) should documents matters which are important in providing evidence to support the report of factual findings
- The BAP(SA) should carry out the procedures agreed upon
- The report on an agreed upon procedures engagement needs to describe the purpose
- Illustration of an Engagement letter
- Illustrated Report
The entry requirements for the licence is a BAP(SA) or an equivalent designation at NQF level 7, together with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
The objective of this licence is to equip Business Accountants in Practice to:
- To establish standards on the BAP(SA)’s professional responsibilities when an engagement to perform agreed-upon procedures regarding on the application of a Business Visa in terms of sections 14(1)(a) and (2)(b) of the Immigration Regulations (as amended) under the Immigration Act, No. 13 of 2002, is undertaken, and on the form and content of the report that the BAP(SA) issues in connection with such an engagement.
- To obtain the licence you need to provide evidence of competence in the specialist area. This evidence is presented by passing an exam. The exam is set by an independent industry expert and accredited by SAIBA.