6 March 2023
The International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) held a symposium on 17 February, attended by over 1,000 people from 45 countries.
Seven key takeaways emerged from the event.
- The board’s first two standards, S1 and S2, are set to be issued by Q2 2023.
- Industry-specific disclosures are required in each of the ISSB Standards, and companies that already use the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Standards will have a competitive advantage in applying the ISSB Standards.
- Global comparability remains essential.
- Jurisdictions are actively considering the ISSB Standards, and those that can manage the proportionality issue will move most quickly.
- Capacity building is critical to the ISSB’s success, particularly for smaller companies and those in emerging markets.
- Work to advance integrated reporting remains underway.
- The event brought together businesses, investors, policymakers, regulators, and other stakeholders in meaningful discussion about sustainability disclosure.
You can read the full article on the IFRS website here.