Earn a SAIBA Certificate of Completion in Tax for part completion of the designation.
|Level||NQF Level 6|
What you will learn
By enrolling for this upskilling course you will:
- Gain appropriate knowledge regarding, direct and indirect taxation.
- Be in a position to identify whether a transaction is subject to value added tax, income tax, capital gains tax, donations tax and estate duty tax.
Be able to calculate various forms of tax liabilities.
- Introduction to Taxation
- Value Added Tax
- Business entities
- Capital gain tax
- Provisional tax
- Donations tax
- Estate duty
The law and best practice require that you must have an:
- accounting qualification
- plus relevant experience
- plus a designation with a professional body, such as a Business Accountant in Practice (SA), BAP(SA)
In this way society knows you are competent and they are assured of quality work.
In addition, it is required that your qualification should consist of the following core subjects:
- Accounting (3rd year University level)
- Auditing (2nd year University level)
- Tax (2nd year University level)
- Management accounting (2nd year University level)
- Commercial law (2nd year University level)
If your qualification does not include these subjects you can register as a SAIBA Academy student and write our assessments as evidence that you are competent in these subject areas. We call this recognition of prior learning or RPL.
Once you have gained all the missing subjects for non-degree purposes you will be eligible for the SAIBA designation BAP(SA) and start working for yourself as an Accountant in Practice.
To provide students with appropriate knowledge regarding, direct and indirect taxation. Furthermore, students will be able to identify whether a transaction is subject to value added tax, income tax, capital gains tax, donations tax and estate duty tax. Students will be able to calculate various forms of tax liabilities.
The assumption is made that the accounting standards not mentioned in this module are covered in previous financial accounting modules (NQF 6 level)