VDP’s: An Update following Recent Case Law and Other Developments - 2021
This webinar will unpack some of the latest developments in the VDP space. In particular, he will be discussing two recent judgements which have quite far-reaching implications for every day VDP applications. October 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will have seen the presenter explain:
- Unpack the recent judgment in Purveyors South Africa Mine Services (Pty) Ltd v Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service (61689/2019)  ZAGPPHC 409 (25 August 2020) to explain what the real consequences are for everyday VDP applications.
- Evaluate the mechanisms available after conclusion of a VDP agreement to further limit exposure consequent upon a taxpayer’s default following the recent judgment of Medtronic International Trading SARL v Commissioner for the South African Revenue Service (33400/2019)  ZAGPPHC 134 (15 February 2021).
- Discuss developments consequent upon the following announcement in the 2021 National Budget: “The voluntary disclosure provisions will be reviewed in 2021 to ensure that they align with SARS’ strategic objectives and the policy objectives of the programme.”
Voluntary disclosure relief (VDP) is sought by taxpayers for defaults such as understatement of income, over claiming of expenses and non-compliance resulting in outstanding tax. Successful applicants will obtain the following relief:
- The South African Revenue Service (SARS) will not pursue criminal prosecution for a tax offence arising from the ‘default’.
- Relief in respect of understatement penalties.
- A 100 per cent relief in respect of an administrative non-compliance penalty that was or may be imposed in terms of the Tax Administration Act.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax package.
Study unit 1
Voluntary disclosure relief (VDP)
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
MTP(SA), BCom Law (cum laude), BCom Honours Taxation, MCom Taxation (SA and International Tax)
Nico is the founder of Unicus Tax Specialists SA, a niche tax advisory services firm that specialises in corporate tax and VAT, more specifically in the context of advance tax rulings, tax dispute resolution and voluntary disclosure program applications
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.