Use Data Analytics to Drive your Accounting Practice
The webinar highlights the importance for accountants and auditors to understand the concept of big data as well as how it is impacting the future of work in our profession. November 2022
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this webinar you will gain the following competencies:
- Gain a fuller understanding of big data analytics and its current uses in business.
- Understand how data travels through the big data ecosystem.
- Know the technology that supports the operation of big data.
- Understand the relevance of big data to the accounting profession today and in the future.
- Be able to identify and analyse the right information to make use of in decision-making and to solve problems.
Big data technology has a greater influence on the accounting profession than most people see. As well as being an important trend in its own right, big data analysis is important in how practitioners in our field plan and deliver their work.
Some of the roles played by big data analytics are as follows:
- You can reduce costs by automating your routine tasks.
- You can more accurately predict future trends in the market.
- You gain a better perspective on how your business and your client’s businesses are performing.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R450 for this webinar
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- What is big data?
- Technology supporting big data.
- The big data ecosystem.
- Big data relevance today.
- Big data relevance in the future.
- How you can make use of big data.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Nestene Botha CA(SA)
Nestene Botha completed her B.com (Hons) at North West University in 2012. In 2014 she completed her professional articles and her Master’s Degree in Chartered Accountancy. She then registered with SAICA as a Chartered Accountant in 2015.
Nestene has lectured on the audit programme at the University of Cape Town. She started her own audit, tax & accounting practice which she has since grown into a reputable firm in the Table View area with 60 clients and two staff members.
Earl Steyn is the founder of Draftworx. He has accumulated over 20 years’ experience in financial reporting and compliance through articles, commerce and the design and development of Draftworx.
Draftworx automates the drafting of financial statements across multiple reporting frameworks including FRS, IFRS SME & IFRS and included Working Papers for all assurance engagements, from Compilation to Audit. Draftworx is used in over 30 countries, serving over 15 000 audit, accounting and corporate entities.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.