The Road to Becoming a CFO CPD Bundle (AICPA events)
for 1 yearVAT Incl.
What you will learn
After attending this program you will be able to:
The subscription consists of 8 different CPD events each with their own learning outcomes.
- Beginning the Leadership Journey: Identify the key skills of quality leadership, Apply methods to ensure the right work gets done, the right way, and on time, Determine a successful delegation process
- Communicating for Connections with Coworkers, Customers and Stakeholders: Distinguish the three types of misconceptions of communication, Identify the different types of personality styles in the workplace, Recognize how to communicate with the different types of personality styles effectively
- Technology – Must have Excel Competencies: Identify the tools that controllers should know, such as Excel’s Power Pivot and Big Data. Identify the relationship between Excel and Lean techniques. Recognize how Excel complements data analytics. Recall tricks and shortcuts to improve Excel use for your staff
- Establishing, Maximising and Communicating Internal Controls: Distinguish the five elements of internal controls. Apply the principles of internal controls. Identify the necessary ingredients of an effective system
- Sending and Receiving the Gift of Feedback: Identify the three types of feedback and when to use each. Identify the barriers and blind spots in receiving feedback. Recognize how emotions turn feedback into a battle.
- Best Practices: The Soft Close: Identify top roadblocks to adopting a fast close, Identify the real purpose for financial reporting, Determine the tradeoff between internal controls and fast close processes
- The Biggest Mistakes that will get you Fired: Select methods for handling mistakes, Determine strategies to avoid future potential career ending mistakes.
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association) is the most influential body of professional accountants, combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to power opportunity, trust and prosperity for people, businesses and economies worldwide. AICPA & CIMA represent 689,000 members, students and engaged professionals in public and management accounting and advocates for the public interest and business sustainability on current and emerging issues.
In 2012, AICPA & CIMA established the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation to provide members with a new level of resources and recognition.
Ad hoc Normal Price: R9,310.00 incl. VAT. CIBA Members price R6,983.00 inlc. VAT
This is a digital product. You will have access to the content for 365 days after purchase date.
- Beginning the Leadership Journey: As you advance in your career you will need to develop leadership skills to match your level. This course will help you start to develop your leadership skills in three areas: supervision, performance management, and delegation.
- Communicating for Connections with Coworkers, Customers and Stakeholders: How you communicate with your internal and external customer can make or break your career! We all know how to talk, but how do we make sure we are really connecting with others? This course will discuss different personality styles and demonstrate the different ways to communicate information to them. See how recognizing their personality style(s) can turn communication breakdowns into breakthroughs.
- Technology – Must have Excel Competencies: Excel has long been included in the accountant’s toolbox. Even though Microsoft Power BI and other big data tools such as Qlik and Tableau are becoming more important, Excel is still a “must have” tool. We cover what the accountants of today should know about Excel to improve their efficiency, access data, and gain insights into the company, industry, and economy.
- Establishing, Maximising and Communicating Internal Controls: Internal controls are often misunderstood by our coworkers as “things that get in the way.” But a good system of internal controls will support getting work done the right way and protect against the ultimate failure – fraud. This session will review the intent and practical application of the COSO framework for maximum efficiency and protection.
- Sending and Receiving the Gift of Feedback: In our daily professional and personal lives, we are constantly giving and receiving feedback. Feedback is essential to our overall personal and professional development. However, the perception of feedback tends to make the receiver very defensive and the sender seem abrasive. This course will provide strategies to give and accept feedback graciously, and provide non-offensive feedback and constructive criticism that encourages the person to work on their opportunities with enthusiasm and empowerment.
- Best Practices: The Soft Close: We have transitioned from a hard and slow close to a soft and fast close. Accountants struggle with the balance between information accuracy and availability. To be successful, accountants must provide quicker information availability to impact organization results. Simply reporting on results is no longer acceptable.
- The Biggest Mistakes that will get you Fired: There is plenty of information on what to do to advance your career, but very little is discussed about what can derail your career, or worse get you fired. This panel will discuss the mistakes to avoid as you climb the ladder of success.
There are no preconditions for this course. Moderate level. Recorded webinars made available on a specified date
Various industry experts
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.