The POPI Act - UNIT 9 - Safeguards & latest industry updates
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Know how to store, transfer/share and delete data safely;
- Be aware of solutions and alternatives to financial services challenges;
- Be able to assess whether their office space data is secure;
- Be aware of mobile phone security measures – e.g. instant messaging risks (WhatsApp, Telegram, etc); and
- Understand the case study of non-compliance.
The Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 (POPIA), commenced on 1 July 2020, and requires all businesses (including employers) that process personal information, to ensure that the necessary measures are in place to implement, prove and monitor compliance by 30 June 2021.
In this webinar, we will delve into the detail of the last 4 conditions of POPIA. We will ask burning questions regarding accountability, collection of data, processing of data, etc. and answer these by providing the relevant solutions.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475 for this webinar
Ad hoc: R3600 for the full series
Study Unit 9
- Common security risks
- Case studies
- Best Practice Recommendations
- Compliance safeguards
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren
Lettie is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA QUICK UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||16 April, 2021|
Who should attend?
Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
Business Accountants (SA).
HR practitioners/Compliance officers.