Technology in Bookkeeping
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Know that new technology is changing the old way of doing things;
- Understand current tech trends in the field of accounting;
- Understand what this means in practical terms;
- Understand key strategic moves that will ensure survival; and
- Gain practical insight on various tech that may be used to run the accounting practice.
The bookkeeping function is a crucial part of the cycle that produces financial statements for various uses by different users. In this field, accuracy is a must!
Enter Artificial Intelligence (AI).
AI is a revolution that is affecting every industry and profession in one way or the other – including bookkeeping. Gone are the days when all that a typical bookkeeper would do is sit and capture transactions all day long. There now exists new technology that is both faster and more accurate.
It is important for bookkeepers to learn how to use and work alongside these systems as opposed to being replaced by them. If embraced, this technology will assist the practitioner to increase their efficiency greatly. Old methods just won’t cut it in today’s business world.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Bookkeepers package.
Study unit 1
Tech trends in the accounting sector.
Study unit 2
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Study unit 3
AI and the bookkeeper/accountant.
Study unit 4
Harnessing the power of new tech.
Study unit 5
Strategic moves for survival.
Study unit 6
Consideration of the POPI Act and other cyber security legislation.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Russel is a registered Business Accountant in Practice through the Southern Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA), and a registered Tax practitioner through the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT). He holds a Bachelor of Accounting Science degree from the University of South Africa and a National Diploma in Financial Information Systems from Tshwane University of Technology.
Russel is the founder of Shinyawani Group of Companies (Pty) Ltd. He has won various entrepreneurial awards in the province of the Free State.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||15 October, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountants (SA)