Technology in Accounting
August2020 Highlighting the latest technological trends in accounting.
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand that technology is changing the accountant’s old way of doing things;
- Know of the tech trends that are happening in the accounting sector;
- Understand what this means for accountants in practice;
- Understand which key strategic moves to make to survive the digital revolution; and
- Gain practical insight on various tech that may be used to run the accounting practice.
The survival of today’s accountant no longer rests upon his or her number-crunching abilities. This part of the accountant’s role is now slowly being taken over by robots or “bots” as they have come to be called in tech lingo. And these bots do the job at amazing speeds and with brutal efficiency!
Rather than fighting change and looking at it as a curse, everyone needs to acknowledge and embrace this as a blessing! Trends in the profession show a movement away from compliance services to a more advisory services focus. Those who are a step ahead are adopting technology for its efficiency while they focus on adding real value to their clients. This is where the accountant’s survival lies!
There is a lot of tech available today that can be used to change the efficiency of an accounting practice many times over for the benefit of both the practitioner and the client.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Accountant in Practice and Bookkeeper packages.
Study unit 1
The current state of affairs in the accounting field
Study unit 2
Tech trends in the accounting sector
Study unit 3
What is available for the accountant?
Study unit 4
Harnessing the power of tech
Study unit 5
Key strategic moves for survival
Study unit 6
Statutory considerations – POPI Act and cyber security legislation
Study unit 7
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Nestene Clausen CA(SA)
Nestene completed her B.com (Hons) at North West University in 2012. In 2014 she completed her professional articles and her Masters Degree in Chartered Accountancy. Nestene has lectured on the audit programme at the University of Cape Town. She started her own audit, tax & accounting practice which she has since grown into a reputable firm in the Tableview area with 60 clients and two staff members.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.