Tech Talk with Caryn: Quality Management in Audit and Reviews (Part 2)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Have a recap of Part 1 of this topic;
- Understand why there’s need for quality control management in assurance engagements;
- Understand the need for risk management;
- Understand how to identify risks of misstatement; and
- Understand how to assess risks of misstatements.
With the introduction of the new Quality Control Management Standard (QCM1), we will be following up on the key principles of Governance, Quality Control and Risk Assessment introduced in the first session, to look more specifically at the contents of the Standard and its requirements. ISA 315 Identifying and Assessing Risks of Misstatement is another key standard that has been revised and rewritten which aligns to this discussion. With both the Quality Control Management Standard and ISA 315, this session will:
- introduce the standards,
- summarise the key principles covered in them and
- give delegates a sense of what is required of a practitioner when applying these standards.
Join SAIBA for the second session of this 2 part series on the new ISQM1. Part 1 provided an overview and introduction to quality, risk management and the new standard. Part 2 will provide in-depth knowledge to ISQC1.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Accountant in Practice, Bookkeepers and Quickupdate packages.
Study unit 1
Overview of quality and risk management
Study unit 2
Quality control management – deep dive
Study unit 3
What is risk assessment?
Study unit 4
Introduction to ISA 315
Study unit 5
Purpose and key principles of ISA 315
Study unit 6
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Caryn has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||18 August, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountant (SA).
Business Accountants in Practice (SA).
Accounting department staff; and