Section 12J Investments 2020
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the provisions and limitations around Section 12J investments;
- Be able to advise clients on how to apply Section 12J;
- Understand how to obtain the tax deduction for clients;
- Know the latest developments in this sector; and
- Be able to select the ideal Section 12J investment to invest in.
Section 12J of the Income Tax Act provides for an investment class that has seen 100% growth within the last financial year. This is due to more South African taxpayers looking to reduce their capital gains tax and income tax liabilities as well as receive a return on their investments.
This webinar will be on 11 February 2020 from 9:00 am to 11:00 am. Jonty Sacks will be discussing the various rules around Section 12J investments, developments around Section 12J investments and an overview of the Section 12J market.
Attending this webinar will give you valuable information on how to take advantage of Section 12J for yourself or your clients.
Adhoc – R475
Subscription package – N/A
Study Unit 1
Overview of the Section 12J sector
Study Unit 2
Who can take advantage of Section 12J?
Study Unit 3
Section 12J investments and your client.
Study Unit 4
Working out the Section 12J tax incentive.
Study Unit 5
The downside of investing in a Section 12J investment.
Study Unit 6
An update on amendments to the Section 12J legalisation.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Jonty Sacks is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa and a partner at financial advisory firm Jaltech. He is active in assisting clients in South Africa with forming Venture Capital Companies (incorporated under Section 12J of the Income Tax Act) across various sectors.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||12 February, 2020|
Who should attend?
Professional Accountants including: RA(SA), CA(SA),PA(SA) and BAP(SA);
Venture capitalists; and
High net-worth individuals.