Quick Update Subscription 2023 (Migration)
Access to the latest changes and updates at SARS, CIPC, accounting, auditing, tax, labour and other laws applicable to business.
From: R 200 VAT Incl. / month
A bundle of CPD events paid for monthly or as a once-off annual amount. The individual CPD events are loaded to your profile during 2023, as they are released during the year and can be viewed at a convenient time 24/7.
What you will learn
Subscribing for the Quick Update series will enable you to:
- Be aware of the latest legislative changes and what it means for your business, practice, and your clients;
- Be able to inform your staff and clients on how to stay compliant;
- Adapt business models to fit new legislative landscapes;
- Receive references to documents and guides;
- Have access to your own technical resource; and
- Have access to the presenter via an online Q & A.
Accountants and auditors must stay informed about changes in legislation and regulations that affect their firms and the business of their clients. This can be a very time-consuming process.
The Quick Update subscription is a one-stop solution that outlines the latest developments.
A list of extensive resources are researched on an ongoing basis by accounting and tax experts. Valuable and relevant knowledge are gathered, summarised and presented in a way that can be easily understood and applied.
The subscription offers:
- access to monthly Quick Update webinars presented by experts in accounting, taxation and law
- 24/7 access within your own online CPD portal
- >20 CPD units available (equivalent to >20 CPD hours)
- 12 months access with automatic renewal
- access to technical experts and technical FAQs
- access to technical support library
- access to Technical Helpdesk
- CPD in-line with IES 7 of IFAC and recognized by all major professional accountancy bodies for CPD units
The subscription includes various CPD events that typically consist of:
- A 2-3 hour webinar – access 24/7 to the online recordings
- Slide presentations for future reference
- Additional material (tax pronouncements, interpretation notes, guides, notifications, judgements, standards, etc.)
- An assessment providing 2 – 4, outcomes-based CPD units
- Electronic CPD certificate of attendance for sharing on social media
- Access to presenters for Q&A support
Please check your account to confirm you are not scheduled for an autorenew. Login | My Dashboard | My Account | View Subscription.
The subscription package consists of monthly Quick Updates from Feb 2023 to Nov 2023 at the following cost:
- Once-off Annual Cost – R2,160.00 CIBA members only (Normal price R3,060.00)
- Monthly installment – R200.00 per month CIBA members only (Normal price R300)
Subscription package registration includes an automatic annual or monthly renewal. No cancellations will be considered for the first year after registration, thereafter a month’s notice applies from the date the signed cancellation form is received. The CPD events are accessible for 12 months from January 2023. If you are not a CIBA member, join here to become an Associate member at R1,360 per year. No incorrect purchases will be refunded.
The monthly Compliance and Legislation Update event is offered from Feb to Nov 2023 as a 2 hour recorded webinar that covers the following topics:
Updates regarding financial reporting and the accounting pronouncements, e.g. proposed and effective changes to International Accounting Standards (IAS), IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, etc. It also encompasses important news from IFAC, standard-setting authorities and other relevant role players in the financial reporting field.
Auditing And Assurance Services
Updates regarding new auditing pronouncements, e.g. proposed and effective changes to International Standards of Auditing (ISAs), South African Auditing Practice Statements (SAAPS), etc. It also encompasses important news from IRBA and other relevant role players about assurance services (i.e. auditing and independent review), non-assurance services, etc.
Updates and important notices released by CIPC, the Companies Tribunal and the Compliance Unit. It may also include general information on upcoming deadlines and other relevant information regarding the performance of company secretarial and related services.
This usually includes updates to the BCEA, sector-specific determinations setting out minimum wage rates, as well as publications containing lessons to be learnt from case law and judgments, e.g. CCMA, Labour Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, etc.
Other Laws And Regulations
This usually includes publications regarding various other Laws and Regulations, e.g. BBBEE, Consumer Protection Act, National Credit Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
Overview Of Auditors Big 5 For SMPs
Overview of the developments in the auditors profession e.g. NCR Guidance, Draft Acts, Regulations, Bills, Amendment Acts, Government Gazette Notices, etc.
Overview of the developments in the tax profession as highlighted by SAIT e.g. new income tax pronouncements, interpretation notes, guides, etc. It also encompasses important news about SARS operations, eFiling, etc.
Updates to notices, articles, guides and press releases from relevant regulators in our industry, e.g. IRBA, SAIBA, SAIT, FIC, FSB, JSE, Law Society SA and Fidelity Fund, Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB), SAICA, FRSC etc.
Includes notices, articles and press releases from relevant stakeholders, e.g. ombudsman, etc. It also encompasses important news about SARS operations, eFiling, Newspaper articles, Technical magazines, Regulators issuing general news items, General media articles.
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), CBA(SA), RA(SA)
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query