Public Sector Series - Session 5: Introduction to MFMA and related laws and regulations
To give attendees an introduction to the MFMA and related laws and regulations. July 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will:
- Understand the laws and regulations relevant to financial management in local government.
- Understand the objective of the MFMA, the Municipal Structures Act and the Municipal Systems Act.
- Understand the structure of the contents of the MFMA.
- Be able to identify the sections that relate to financial management, other responsibilities and requirements.
- Understand the objective and structure of the Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations
The public sector is highly regulated. As opposed to the private sector, the laws and regulations that govern the financial management of public funds require that actions are only taken by local government if they are compliant with prescripts.
The Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003 (MFMA), is an Act that aims to secure sound and sustainable management of the financial affairs of municipalities and other institutions in the local sphere of government. It also intends to establish treasury norms and standards in local government.
The following pricing apply:
R1200.00 for the full series
Study unit 1
Objectives of the MFMA.
Study unit 2
Structure of the MFMA.
Study unit 3
MFMA sections relating to:
- Internal controls
- Financial management
- Accounting and reporting
Study unit 4
Objective of the Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations.
Study unit 5
Structure of the Municipal Supply Chain Management Regulations.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Bronwyn MacCallum CA(SA)
Bronwyn qualified as a CA(SA) in 2004 and has spent time in private practice as a partner and later director of small and medium firms as well as a tenure at the Auditor-General of South Africa as a Senior Manager.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.