Public Sector Series – Session 2: Governance and Ethics in the Public Sector
To discuss governance and ethics issues in the public sector. May 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will:
- Understand the concept of governance and the difference between governance and government;
- Identify the governance structures and understand the role these structures play in the public sector;
- Have a basic understanding of the public sector requirements of the King IV Report on Corporate Governance;
- Understand the concept of ethics and the objectives of codes of ethics in the public sector; and
- Understand the process for responding to ethical dilemmas.
The public sector is highly regulated. As opposed to the private sector, the laws and regulations that govern the financial management of public funds require that actions are only taken by government if they are compliant with prescripts.
Effective financial management in the public sector demands that all role players, especially public sector employees, understand and can apply the concepts of good governance in an ethical manner. The application of good governance must be a daily activity in every role and at every level. It is critical that all public servants understand the ethical landscape of working in the public sector, and how to identify and respond to the ethical dilemmas that public servants are faced with on a daily basis.
The following pricing apply:
R1200.00 for the full series
Study unit 1
What is governance?
Study unit 2
Governance vs government.
Study unit 3
Structures of government.
Study unit 4
The King IV report.
Study unit 5
What is ethics?
Study unit 6
Public sector codes of ethics.
Study unit 7
How to respond to ethical dilemmas.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Bronwyn MacCallum CA(SA)
Bronwyn qualified as a CA(SA) in 2004 and has spent time in private practice as a partner and later director of small and medium firms as well as a tenure at the Auditor-General of South Africa as a Senior Manager.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.