Public Sector Series – Session 10: Performance Management
To give attendees guidance on accounting in the MFM cycle. August 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will:
- Understand the link between service delivery and performance management;
- Know the frameworks applicable to performance management;
- Understand what a strategic objective is and how it relates to service delivery objectives, programmes, tasks and indicators;
- Understand the planning for performance and how it relates to budgeting; and
- Understand the measurement, monitoring, and reporting of performance.
The general public views the performance of public sector entities with disdain. Admittedly so, many of these entities get many things wrong. Only a few of them meet the public’s service delivery expectations.
Perhaps the reason is because public officials and their staff rarely show accountability or take responsibility for their poor performance.
Performance management is a management practice that sets goals and puts in place actions and control mechanisms that continuously measure and evaluate results for the purpose of improving performance. This webinar unpacks this management style and shows its importance to the public sector.
The following pricing apply:
R1200.00 for the full series
Study unit 1
Service delivery and performance management.
Study unit 2
The frameworks applicable to performance management.
Study unit 3
The process for performance management.
Study unit 4
What is a strategic objective?
Study unit 5
Strategic objectives and their relation to:
- Service delivery objectives.
Study unit 6
Planning for performance.
Study unit 7
Performance and budgeting.
Study unit 8
Study unit 9
Study unit 10
Quarterly reporting of performance.
Study unit 11
Annual reporting of performance.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Bronwyn MacCallum CA(SA)
Bronwyn qualified as a CA(SA) in 2004 and has spent time in private practice as a partner and later director of small and medium firms as well as a tenure at the Auditor-General of South Africa as a Senior Manager.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.