Protection and Retention of Client Data
Guidance and considerations regarding the protection and retention of client data. October 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the attendee should understand:
- Possible threats to the protection and retention of client data;
- Developments and improvements of the control environment that can be implemented by a practice to protect and retain client data;
- The contents of IRBA’s Staff Audit Practice Alert 6 – Protection and Retention of Client Data;
- How this alert links to various laws, regulations and pronouncements such as POPIA and ISQM 1; and
- Possible implications on a pratice if the confidentiality of client data is compromised.
With digitisation and protection of information the new buzzwords of the decade, the digital processing of data is increasing on a daily basis. Reeling from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, clients and firms are working remotely. This means that client data is being exchanged on technological platforms, some of which are unsecured therefore creating threats of data security breaches.
Firms that perform reviews of financial statements, and other assurance and related services engagements could be more susceptible to data security threats than other professions as they process valuable financial and non-financial information, confidential data, and personal identifiable data. Data is processed from the preliminary activities up to the expiration of the retention period of the engagement for prospective, current, and previous clients.
The Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA) has issued a Staff Audit Practice Alert 6 on Protection and Retention of Client Data, to provide reviewers and auditors with guidance and considerations with respect to the protection and retention of client data.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475 for this webinar
Study unit 1
IRBA Staff Audit Practice Alert 6 - Protection and Retention of Client Data.
Study unit 2
How does digital processing link to:
- ISQM 1?
Study unit 3
Possible threats to the protection and retention of client data.
Study unit 4
Possible implications of client data breach.
Study unit 5
How to protect and retain client data.
Study unit 6
Key considerations when processing client data.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren | CBA (SA)
Lettie is a Certified Business Accountant (SA), Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting our MCLU (Monthly Compliance and Legislation Updates).
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.