Prescribed Standards and Regulations Conducting Independent Review Engagements 2023
To discuss importance of conducting independent reviews in term of prescribed standards. April 2023
R 575 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this webinar you will gain the following competencies:
- Have an understanding of what Independent Review is.
- Have an understanding of the companies act pertaining to Independent Review.
- Have a broad understanding of the requirements for conducting independent reviews.
- Have knowledge of legislation requiring accurate Annual Financial Statements.
- Be able to report on an independent review engagement.
An Independent Review should not be confused with an audit, an independent review is meant to provide limited assurance while an Audit provides a high level of assurance. In 2011, the Companies Act, No 71 of 2008 changed the landscape of regulation and compliance with respect to the auditing of companies.
The Act provided for Close Corporations, Schools, Trusts, Partnerships and Sole Proprietorship to perform a less onerous and voluntary assurance engagement called the independent review
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R575 for this webinar
The webinar will cover the following foundational to intermediate topics:
- ISRE2400 (Revised) – Engagement to Review Financial Statement.
- Companies Act 71 of 2008.
- Accounting Standard.
- How to obtain an independent reviewer licence.
- Who can perform an independent review?
- How to calculate the PIS.
- The Public Interest Score (PIS) threshold.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Jako Liebenberg CA(SA)
Jako Liebenberg qualified as a Chartered Accountant and Registered Public Auditor in 2001. His entire career has been in public practice except for a stint as CFO in the Free State Provincial Government from 2010 to 2012.
Jako consults for clients across South Africa on Accounting Standards and Compliance, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, Tax and Business Development. He serves as an assessor in the Free State High Court of Appeals as representative in Public Practice. Jako is also a registered SAICA assessor for Trainees.
CIBA AAcademy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.