POPIA is here to stay
To show attendees how they can ensure that they are POPIA compliant and the steps they need to take to prove it. July 2021
R 0 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Know how to ensure lawful processing of information;
- Understand the specifics regarding the Information Officer’s appointment and his/her roles and responsibilities;
- Understand the importance of adequate safeguards;
- Understand the basics when using digital signatures; and
- Understand the consequences of non-compliance with POPIA.
Even though POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013), commenced a year ago on 1 July 2020, most of us simply ignored it in the hopes that it will go away, but POPIA is definitely here to stay!
With the grace period to prove compliance coming to an end on 30 June 2021, one thing is certain: you cannot plead ignorance. Immediate action is crucial!
The only comfort is that all businesses (including employers) that process personal information, are required to ensure that the necessary measures are in place to implement, prove and monitor compliance – so all of us are in the same boat!
In this webinar, we will focus on how you can ensure that you are POPIA compliant and which steps you need to take to prove it.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: Free webinar
Ad hoc: If you are interested in the full POPIA series, the cost is R3600 for the full series
- Overview & Introduction.
- The basics and most important aspects of the Act.
- How to use our FREE POPIA Compliance checklist.
- How to ensure lawful processing of information.
- The Information Officer’s appointment.
- The Information Officer’s roles and responsibilities.
- The importance of adequate safeguards.
- Using digital signatures.
- Consequences of non-compliance with POPIA.
- Access to our POPIA data specialists.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren
Lettie is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA QUICK UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.