The POPI Act – Unit 10 – Guidance for Information Officers
Aspects of the Information Officer relating to POPIA. May 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Know what POPIA requires in relation to Information Officers;
- Understand the latest guidance for Information Officers and Deputy Information Officers;
- Know the Information Regulator’s priorities ahead of the 1st of July 2021 deadline;
- Be aware of other recently issued POPIA guidelines.
- Have access to a checklist that assists in developing Codes of Conduct.
The Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 (POPIA), commenced on 1 July 2020, and requires all businesses (including employers) that process personal information, to ensure that the necessary measures are in place to implement, prove and monitor compliance by 30 June 2021.
In this 10th webinar in the series, we will focus on specific aspects that relate to Information Officers, including the latest guidance that was issued by the Information Regulator, as well as the process for registration with the Regulator.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475 for this webinar
Ad hoc: R3600 for the full series
Study Unit 10
- POPIA requirements on Information Officers.
- Latest guidance on Information Officers and their deputies:
- Obligations and liabilities.
- Requirements for registration.
- Updating details.
- Designation and delegation of authority.
- Information Regulator’s prioritised processes.
- Other recently issued guidelines
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren
Lettie is a Chartered Accountant, Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting the SAIBA QUICK UPDATE SUBSCRIPTION PACKAGE.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.