OHS: An Overview for Employers on the New Consolidated Directives
To discuss new OHS consolidated directions issued by the Department of Employment and Labour to prevent the escalation of COVID-19 infections in the workplace. August 2021
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the attendee should:
- Understand who the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) applies to and its basics;
- Be aware of the various legislative documents issued by the Department of Employment and Labour relating to COVID-19 OHS in the workplace;
- Be aware of the contents of the latest Amended Consolidated OHS directions on OHS measures in certain workplaces;
- Know which requirements are specifically applicable to small organisations (with less than 10 employees); and
- Be aware of some labour related cases as well as understand how to document and update your OHS Workplace Plan.
Complying with Occupational Health & Safety can be very daunting. To prevent the escalation of COVID-19 infections in the workplace, the Department of Employment and Labour has issued brand new consolidated directions on OHS measures in certain workplaces – this is in addition to the Regulations, Guidelines and other publications.
As accountants, auditors and other financial professionals, we not only need to ensure that we comply with these OHS measures, but we can also assist our clients with compliance.
During this webinar we look at some of the requirements as set out in the initial Regulations and Guidelines, and the details of the latest Amended Consolidated Directions on OHS measures that was issued. We will also focus on the OHS measures that employers with 10 employees or less must take.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475 for this webinar
Study unit 1
- Objectives of the OHSA.
- Who does it apply to?
- Basics of the OHSA.
- Penalties and offences.
Study unit 2
Legislative documents issued by the Department of Employment and Labour:
- COVID-19 related.
- Regulations, Guidelines and Directives.
Study unit 3
The latest Amended Consolidated OHS directions.
Study unit 4
Requirements specifically applicable to small organisations.
Study unit 5
Recent labour-related cases.
Study unit 6
How to document your OHS Workplace Plan.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Lettie Janse van Vuuren CA(SA), RA, CBA(SA)
Lettie is a CA (SA), Registered Auditor, as well as an Assessor and Moderator. She joined SA Accounting Academy in November 2017 as Head of Technical. As a professional trainer and webinar host, she is able to hold the attention of an audience with her relaxed and humorous presentation style. She has a unique ability to communicate with delegates at their respective levels of knowledge and experience. Over the last 20 years, she has trained thousands of partners, managers, trainee accountants and other professionals.
She is responsible for researching, compiling and presenting our MCLU (Monthly Compliance and Legislation Updates).
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.