Monthly Update – Compliance and Legislation October 2022
Our Compliance and Legislation Update webinars provide a summary of some of the most important legislation updates. October 2022
R 380 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
After attending this webinar you will:
- Stay up to date with the most important legislation updates;
- Be aware of the latest legislative changes and what it means for your business, practice, and your clients;
- Be able to inform your staff and clients on how to stay compliant;
- Adapt business models to fit new legislative landscapes;
- Receive references to documents and guides;
- Have access to your own technical resource; and
- Have access to the presenter via email for follow-up Q & A.
Accountants and auditors must stay informed about changes in legislation and regulations that affect their firms and the business of their clients.
Technical expert Caryn Maitland CA(SA) researches and summarises all relevant and important changes on a monthly basis and presents this in an easily understandable webinar.
The webinar includes:
- A reference guide of all changes to share within the firm;
- PPT summary of all new amendments;
- Interactive session with the presenter; and
- Online Q&A.
Stay up-to-date on recent and important legislation developments in auditing, accounting, tax, SARS operations, CIPC operations, Labour and other relevant laws by joining us for the webinar.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
Study unit 1 -IFRS – Standards – What’s new?
- IFRS Monthly news summary
- IFRS for SME’s exposure draft
- IFRS Foundation Work Plan update
Study unit 2 – IFRS – Accounting Issues
- IFRS – IASB issues narrow-scope amendments to requirements for sale and leaseback transactions
- ED 405 – Proposed revisions to the Headline Earnings Circular September 2022
- Financial Reporting Analytics – 5 Use Cases for CFOs
Study Unit 3 – Public Sector
- Office of the AG – Latest publications
- National Treasury – Tabling of annual reports, AFS and audit reports
- Improvements to Standards of GRAP 2020 soon to be effective – ASB
Study unit 4 – IFRS – Sustainability Reporting
- IFRS – ISSB Consultation on Agenda Priorities
- Is sustainability a burden or an opportunity for CPAs
Study unit 5 – IRBA – Standards & Legal/Ethics/Other
- IAASB – Overview of the latest communications
- FAQs on ISRS 4400 Agreed Upon Procedures
- ICAEW – Quality management – ISQM 1 in practice
- Auditing Profession Act – Maximum monetary fines
- IFAC – IESBA Sustainability Questionnaire
- IRBA Staff Audit Practice Alert 7 – Content of a Transparency Report
- 2022 Trust Account Audit Report Template Changes – Property Practitioners Regulatory Authority
- Body Corporates Auditor Reports
- PCAOB Inspections Reports
- IOSCO encourages standard-setters’ work on assurance of sustainability-related corporate reporting
- Digital Transformation & Innovation in Auditing – Insights from a Review of Academic Research (IFAC)
Study unit 6 – CIPC – Notices and Practice Notes issued (Enforcement and to customers)/Articles
- List of accredited bodies whose members are eligible as business rescue practitioners as from 22 September 2022
- Foreign assurance – relates to location of records
Study unit 7 – Labour Law – Employment law
- Employment Equity Amendment Act
- Institutional Sector Classification Guide 2022
- A critical analysis of the BBBEE Commission in adjudicating fronting cases
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act – Increase in monthly pensions and Amendment of Schedule 4 -Manner of Calculating Compensation
Study unit 8 – Other Laws & Regulations affecting your client AND impact on NOCLAR: This months Big 5
- The latest SAICA Legal Update has been released and it covers relevant national laws up to 2 September 2022:
- The General Laws (Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Terrorism Financing) Amendment Bill
- The Competition Act: Draft block exemption regulations for small, micro and medium sized businesses
- Special Investigating Units and Special Tribunals Act: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Superior Courts Act: Intermediaries
- The Draft Unlawful Entry on Premises Bill
- The latest SAICA Legal Update has been released and it covers relevant national laws up to 16 September 2022:
- The Auditing Profession Act: Financial Matters Amendment Bill 2022
- The Border Management Authority Act: Transfer of powers from other laws
- The Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Act: Amendment Bill 2022
- The National Environmental Management Biodiversity Act: Draft game meat strategy
- The Traditional Courts Bill
Study unit 9 – Other Laws & Regulations affecting your client AND impact on NOCLAR: Other Acts and articles
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act: General laws
- Draft of Unlawful Entry of Intruders Bill
- The new certificate businesses in South Africa need to know about – or risk facing a R5 million fine and jailtime
- Companies Act: General Laws (Anti-money Laundering and Combatting Terrorism Financing) Amendment Bill
- Competition Act: Draft block exemption regulations for small, micro and medium sized businesses
- Draft Extradition Bill
- Financial Sector Regulation Act: Ownership
- Labour Relations Act: Protest action to promote or defend socio-economic interests of workers
- Non-profit Organisations Act: General Laws (Anti-money Laundering and Combatting Terrorism Financing) Amendment Bill
- Trust Property Control Act: General Laws (Anti-money Laundering and Combating Terrorism Financing) Amendment Bill The General Laws (Anti-money Laundering and Combatting Terrorism Financing) Amendment Bill
- National Health Act: Notifiable conditions
- Non-profit Organisations Act: Draft Amendment Bill 2021
Study unit 10 – SARS
Refer to August and September 2022 Maitland and Associates Tax Newsletter distributed to attendees.
Study unit 11 – Regulator News – SAIBA
- SAIBA’s submission to the Dept of Trade Industry and Competition on PIS.
- SAIBA’s response to SARS proposal to replace telephonic services.
- Accounting Weekly Newsletter
- CFO Talks
Study unit 12 – Regulator News – CGSO, Competitions Commission, FIC Advisory & Guidance, Companies Tribunal, National Credit Regulator, Information Regulator, FSCA
- Gareth Ackerman Saya Business Sector has to step up to help solve Country’s economic infrastructure problems
- Price fixing and collusion under the Competition Act
- New AML Bill for comment
- Name disputes (7 granted 2 refused)
- Director disputes (1 granted)
- Exemptions (1 refused)
- Media release Stats: September 2022
- PAIA Forms released
- FSCA Communication 28 of 2022 (INS)
- SARB Joint Communication 2 of 2022 – Joint Discussion Document
- SARB Prudential Authority Proposed Directive-Proposed amendments to the Regulations
- SARB Full Quarterly Bulletin – No 305 – September 2022
Study unit 13 – General Announcements / News Releases – Media articles
- Constitutional Court declares provisions of Copyright Act unconstitutional
- Control of Tobacco Products Bill heading for Parliament
- Formation of valid and enforceable contracts in South Africa
- Protect yourself from cyber scammers with these 10 tips
- The next normal: What does the office look like?
- Unanswered summons – Default judgment is your next step
- Uniform Rule 42(1)(b) – Ambiguities, errors and omissions in judgments
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.