Monthly Update – Compliance and Legislation December 2021
Our Compliance and Legislation Update webinars provide a summary of some of the most important legislation updates. December 2021.
Category: Financial Reporting and Ethics.
R 399 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will:
- Stay up to date with the most important legislation updates;
- Be aware of the latest legislative changes and what it means for your business, practice, and your clients;
- Be able to inform your staff and clients on how to stay compliant;
- Adapt business models to fit new legislative landscapes;
- Receive references to documents and guides;
- Have access to your own technical resource; and
- Have access to the presenter via email for follow-up Q & A.
Accountants and auditors must stay informed about changes in legislation and regulations that affect their firms and the business of their clients.
Technical expert Caryn Maitland CA(SA) researches and summarises all relevant and important changes on a monthly basis and presents this in an easily understandable webinar.
The webinar includes:
- A reference guide of all changes to share within the firm;
- PPT summary of all new amendments;
- Interactive session with the presenter; and
- Online Q&A.
Stay up-to-date on recent and important legislation developments in auditing, accounting, tax, SARS operations, CIPC operations, Labour and other relevant laws by joining us for the webinar.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
Study unit 1 -IFRS – Standards – What’s new?
IFRS Monthly news summary
Board workplan update
Study unit 2 – IFRS – Accounting Issues
Long term debts with covenants – classification
Supplier finance arrangements
Disclosure initiative projects
Accounting for cryptocurrencies
Body Corporate Illustrative Financials (ED)
Study unit 3 – IRBA – Standards, Legal/Ethics & Other
New proposal for Less Complex Entities
IRBA opens draft proposed Disciplinary Rules for Registered Auditors for public comment 4
IRBA successfully defends challenge to MAFR by East Rand Member District of Chartered Accountants
Study unit 4 – CIPC – Notices and Practice Notes issued (enforcement and to customers)
Notice No. 58 of 2021: Appointing and resignation of auditors using the online services
Notice No. 59 of 2021: Public companies contravening annual financial statements filing obligations
Notice No. 61 of 2021: Compliance obligations of companies and close corporations in business rescue
Study unit 5 – Covid-19 Updates – New announcements/guidance:
Mandatory vaccinations – South African business heads push for mandatory vaccinations
MTN makes COVID-19 vaccine mandatory
Compensation Fund claims
Study unit 6 – Other Laws & Regulations affecting your client AND impact on NOCLAR: This months Big 5
This month’s big 5:
- The latest SAICA Legal Update has been released and it covers relevant national laws up to 26 November 2021:
- The Auditing Profession Act (Draft disciplinary rules)
- The National Environmental Management Act (Hazardous chemicals and pesticides)
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act (Manual, guide and disclosure)
- The Tax Administration Act (Administrative penalties and disclosure)
- The Tax Administration Laws Amendment Bill 2021 and Taxation Laws Amendment Bill 2021
Study unit 7 – SARS
Refer to November and December 2021 Maitland and Associates Tax Newsletter distributed to attendees.
Study unit 8 – Regulator News – SAICA
SAICA Special Board Meeting 5 December 2021 (APC exam)
Compulsory Ethics Reflection
Sustainability Development Goals Report 2021
Study unit 9 – Regulator News – SAIBA
Accounting Weekly Newsletter
Study unit 10 – General Announcements / News Releases – Media articles
What makes a good audit (FRC article)
Non-audit services and independence
Understanding assurance needs – A framework for the decision-maker
The following CPD is awarded: Financial Reporting 2 units, Ethics 1 unit.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.