Monthly Update – Compliance and Legislation April 2022
Our Compliance and Legislation Update webinars provide a summary of some of the most important legislation updates. April 2022
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
After attending this webinar you will:
- Stay up to date with the most important legislation updates;
- Be aware of the latest legislative changes and what it means for your business, practice, and your clients;
- Be able to inform your staff and clients on how to stay compliant;
- Adapt business models to fit new legislative landscapes;
- Receive references to documents and guides;
- Have access to your own technical resource; and
- Have access to the presenter via email for follow-up Q & A.
Accountants and auditors must stay informed about changes in legislation and regulations that affect their firms and the business of their clients.
Technical expert Caryn Maitland CA(SA) researches and summarises all relevant and important changes on a monthly basis and presents this in an easily understandable webinar.
The webinar includes:
- A reference guide of all changes to share within the firm;
- PPT summary of all new amendments;
- Interactive session with the presenter; and
- Online Q&A.
Stay up-to-date on recent and important legislation developments in auditing, accounting, tax, SARS operations, CIPC operations, Labour and other relevant laws by joining us for the webinar.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
Study unit 1 -IFRS – Standards – What’s new?
IFRS Monthly news summary
Study unit 2 – IFRS – Accounting Issues
The importance of intangibles
Study unit 3 – IFRS – Sustainability Reporting
Exposure Draft Proposed IFRS S1 – General Requirements for Disclosure of Sustainability-related Financial Information.
Exposure Draft Proposed IFRS S2 – Climate-related Disclosures
Study unit 4 – IRBA – Standards & Legal/Ethics/Other
New Quality Management Standards – Towards restoring confidence and enhancing audit quality
IESBA Proposes Technology-related Amendments to the Code
IESBA Proposes Revisions to the Code Relating to the Definition of Engagement Team and Group Audits
New Disciplinary Rules gazetted for Registered Auditors
PPRA Draft Guidelines on Audit of Accounting Records of Trust Accounts (Requirements for Business Property Practitioners)
Revised Illustrative Section 12I Tax Allowance Incentive Programme Agreed-upon Procedures Report
IAASB digital technology market scan: data standardisation
Considerations of ESG-related matters in an audit of financial statements.
ICAEW – Why LCE audits matter.
Study unit 5 – CIPC – Notices and Practice Notes issued (Enforcement and to customers)/Articles
Admin and transition project notices
Appointment of accounting officers
Study unit 6 – Covid-19 Updates – New announcements/guidance:
Lockdown finally over, now what?
Study unit 7 – Labour Law – Employment law
Employment Equity Act: Code of good practice on harassment
Study unit 8 – Other Laws & Regulations affecting your client AND impact on NOCLAR: This months Big 5
The latest SAICA Legal Update has been released and it covers relevant national laws up to 25 March 2022:
– The Employment Equity Act: Code of good practice on harassment
– The International Health Regulations Act: Draft health measures at points of entry
– The National Act: Draft regulations for environmental health, and draft amendments to notifiable medical conditions
– The Occupational Health and Safety Act: Code of practice managing SARS-Cov-2, and hazardous biological agents
– The Rental Housing Act: Draft rental housing tribunal regulations
Study unit 9 – Other Laws & Regulations affecting your client AND impact on NOCLAR: Other Acts and articles
Rental Housing Act
Older Persons Act
Study unit 10 – SARS
Refer to February and March 2022 Maitland and Associates Tax Newsletter distributed to attendees.
Study unit 11 – Regulator News – SAIBA
Accounting Weekly Newsletter
Study unit 12 – Regulator News – SAICA
Application of IAS 12 Income Taxes Substantively Enacted Tax Rates
Study unit 13 – General Announcements / News Releases – Media articles
Is your word your bond? The enforceability of verbal agreements
Prescription of a judgement debt – How it impacts you
A rundown of why terms and conditions in insurance policies matter
In South Africa, how long an entire insolvency process takes
Your rights when purchasing a property – Interest rates and insurance costs
Draft Health Regulations are under the microscope
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.