Monthly Tax Update - June 2020
June2020 A summary of the most recent and relevant tax laws.
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Advise clients as to the latest tax amendments.
- Train your staff to prepare tax returns in line with the latest amendments.
- Issue a newsletter to your clients informing them about relevant tax law, rulings, notes, judgements, and developments in tax law.
- Develop new tax structures for clients.
- Adjust your tax working procedures.
Our monthly tax update webinars will save you time and money. We sift through all the latest changes and amendments and present in an easy to understand summarised format.
This saves you R10000 worth of effort each month.
The webinars are presented in conjunction with SAIT and The Tax Faculty and presents you with a recording of an expert presenter and recorded Q&A from practitioners just like you.
They ask all the hard questions so you don’t have to.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax package.
Study Unit 1 – Recent tax judgments
- Fowler (Respondent) v Commissioners for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (Appellant)  UKSC 22 (20 May 2020)
Interpreting SA-UK Treaty
Article 7 – Concerning business profits
Article 14 – Income from employement
Background and jugdment
- Barnard Labuschagne Inc v SARS and Another  ZAWCHC (15 May 2020)
Tax administration Act:
rescission of judgment under section 172;
SARS statement under section 172,
effect of civil judgment;
finality of section 172 statement;
constitutionality of sections 172 and 174
Background and jugdment
- ABC (Pty) Ltd v CSARS (JHB Tax Court Case no. VAT 1626: 3 March 2020)
Value-added tax: whether the Appellant was entitled tocertain input tax deductions
Section 12 (a) exempts from VAT the supply of a financial service
VAT 404 – Guide for Vendors (12 December 2019)
Direct attribution vs apportionment
Study Unit 2 – SARS documents
- Issued for comment
- Draft rule amendment – Customs & Excise Act – Sections 59 and 120
- Notice 618 – Income Tax Act, 1962: Notice in respect of Method or Formula for Purposes of Determination of Amount for Purposes of Paragraph (b) of Definition of Living Annuity in s 1(1) of the Act
- Notice 619 – Income Tax Act, 1962: Notice in respect of Amount of Value of Assets that may be paid in Lump Sum for Purposes of Paragraph (c) of Definition of Living Annuity in s 1(1) of the Act
- Interpretation Note
- FAQs for VAT vendors on COVID-19 Tax Relief
- Q&As for employers on COVID-19 Tax Relief
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Prof Jackie Arendse
PhD MTP(SA) Chartered Accountant (SA)
After completing her training at Deloitte and qualifying as a CA (SA), Jackie was Group Financial Accountant for a top-100 listed company before moving to academia where she has authored, lectured and researched on all aspects of tax for more than 20 years.
Jackie has presented tax seminars and webinars to tax practitioners and businesses around the country for many years and has authored numerous books, articles and publications in the field of taxation including Silke on South African Income Tax. She is the managing author of Silke on Tax Administration, published by LexisNexis and updated annually.
She is involved in an exciting new collaboration with The Tax Faculty to digitise tax training materials.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation.
- Reference documents and / or course material where available.
- Access to a technical knowledge base.
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
Your might also like
No results found.