Managing the Complexities of IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment 2023
To update attendees on the practical issues encountered in the application of IAS 16, and how to approach these in a practical context. May 2023
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this webinar you will gain the following competencies:
- Understand the principal issues in accounting for property, plant and equipment are the recognition of the assets
- Understand the determination of their carrying amounts and the depreciation charges and impairment losses to be recognised in relation to them.
- Understand the practical applications of the various sections of IAS 16, as well as the resources required to consistently have compliance with the Standard
IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment is a standards set by the Internationa Accounting Standards Board (IASB) that governs the accounting treatment of tangible assets such as buildings, machinery, and equipment. As these assets are central to the day-to day operations of many businesses, it is important to understand the complexities that can arise in the application of IAS 16.
The following pricing apply:
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Capitalising an item
- Derecognising a replaced part
- Splitting an asset into components
- Calculating residual values
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Phuthanang Cenea Motsielwa CA(SA), RA
Phuthanang Motsielwa CA(SA) is a subject matter expert on Enterprise Development – New Venture Creation, Business Practice, Generic Management, Labour Relations Practice and Dispute Resolutions.
She is a chartered accountant by profession with over 10 years of experience in her own practice. Phuthanang holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from the University of the Witwatersrand. She is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) and a registered auditor with Institute of Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) in South Africa.
CIBA Academy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.