Licensed Tax Practitioner: Advisor (2 Assessments) A
Specialise in taxation and and become a Licensed Tax Practitioner: Advisor.
R 0 VAT Incl. for 1 year
This is the second part of the SAIBA Tax Practitioner License applicable to Advisors. Click here to view all relevant tax practitioner licenses.Access to this license should only be obtained via a confirmation email from SAIBA Membership confirming that you have successfully met the admission criteria and after your application has been successfully verified (completion of part 1).
If you have not gained accessed via a confirmation email from SAIBA Membership, login to your Membership profile and apply for the Tax License under the Header “APPLICATIONS”. A breach of this procedure will result in disciplinary action.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The objective of this licence is to equip Business Accountants to:
- Be able to apply with SARS as a tax practitioner.
- Understanding of members responsibilities when performing tax services.
- Understand SAIBA’s Statement of Standards on Tax and promote their uniform application within a tax firm.
- Foster increased public compliance with and confidence in our tax system through awareness of good standards of tax practice.
- Enhance the business accountant professional designations.
- Use the license as proof of competency to provide tax services.
SAIBA was awarded the status of Recognised Controlling body (RCB) in terms of Section 240A(2) of the Tax Administration Act on 27 May 2021 by SARS, meaning SAIBA tax practitioner licenses enable members to register with SARS as a tax practitioner.
SAIBA’s Licensed Tax Practitioner: Advisor license assess the practitioner’s commitment to providing ethical tax services and on successful completion demonstrates the competency level of a SAIBA designation holder to compile and advise on tax related matters.
The Tax Advisor’s level of expertise surpasses the level of expertise of the Licensed Tax Practitioner: Compiler. The Tax Advisor has extensive experience and expertise in the industry with a thorough understanding of tax law and provides services, over and above the Tax Compiler duties and provides services for individuals with complex business structures, trusts and businesses of large sizes, relating to corporate, personal, value-added and payroll taxation:
- preparing, reviewing and submitting tax returns,
- reviewing completed tax records,
- verifying and availing source documents,
- submitting tax objections,
- managing SARS queries, audits and assessments prior to judicial involvement.
- provide advice and planning, and
- write tax opinions.
The license includes two assessments. Assessment 1 requires the member to complete an assessment on SAIBA’s Statement of Standards on Tax. The Statement of Standards on Tax is provided as part of the license content and forms the professional foundation of a SAIBA member’s tax profession. Assessment 2 assess the member’s technical competencies relating to VAT, Corporate, Individual and Payroll Taxes. Questions are referenced to the applicable legislation.
For further information regarding SAIBA’s licenses click here.
The following pricing applies: R2,975.00 including VAT, once-off annual application fee.
SAIBA’s Standard Policies and procedures applies, as well as the following:
- This is a non-refundable fee.
- An annual renewal fee will be applicable. Registration includes an automatic annual renewal.
- Any recommended textbooks and webinars are an additional cost for your own expense.
- Please ensure that you comply with the requirements listed within the products. No refunds will be made should you not comply with the requirements. If you are unsure whether you comply, please contact your Personal Portfolio Consultant (PPC).
- No incorrect purchases will be refunded.
The license consists of the following:
- Learning Material: Webinar
- Introduction to SAIBA Licenses
- Introduction to SAIBA Statement of Tax Standards
- Understanding Advisory Services
- CPD & Certificate
- Learning Material: SAIBA’s Statement of Standards on Tax
- STS 110 – Ethics and ethical constraints
- STS 120 – Personal competencies and skill set
- STS 130 – Non-compliance with laws and regulations
- STS 210 – Client/engagement acceptances and continuation
- STS 220 – Quality deliverables
- STS 230 – Form and content of advice to taxpayers
- STS 240 – Engagement hand over to other tax professional
- STS 310 – Standards of interaction with third parties
- STS 320 – Standards Governing Referral
- STS 410 – Evaluation of involvement of external specialists
- Assessment 1 with 25 Multiple Choice Questions relating to SAIBA’s Statement of Tax Standards.
- Assessment 2 with 75 Multiple Choice Questions on VAT, Corporate, Individual and Payroll Taxes.
- In order to succeed, members are required to obtain at least 70% to pass, within 2 attempts.
A list of admission criteria is available here.
Associate Director: Tax Services, Kreston Advisory Pretoria (Pty) Ltd
Marina joined Kreston Advisory Pretoria in March 2021 after specialising in tax at KPMG for the last 13 years. She is an experienced tax advisor who holds an H. Dip (Tax) Degree. She completed her articles at Deloitte where she also passed the CA(SA) qualifying examination. She worked in the UK on large, listed clients for 2 years and joined the KPMG tax department in 2007. As Associate Director and head of KPMG’s Global Compliance Managed Services business unit, she is highly experienced in tax and accounting reporting requirements for large multinationals.
By enrolling in this exam preparation course, you will be provided with:
- SAIBA’s Statement of Standards on Tax
- SAIBA eFiling Guides
- SAIBA Additional Taxation Material
The successful completion of the course contributes to 4 hours CPD.
Your might also like
No results found.