Immigration Accounting 2020
To inform participants how to perform agreed upon engagements when assisting business immigrants to obtain business visas from the Department of Home Affairs.
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the requirements of the Immigration Act;
- Know the role of qualifying accountants in Business Visa applications;
- Understand the requirements of ISRS 4400 on AUP engagements; and
- Know how to become a licensed Immigration Accountant.
The Immigration Act No. 13 of 2002, was amended on the 29th of November 2018. Section 15 and Regulation 14 of the Act state the requirements for an investing foreigner to obtain a Business Visa.
Immigration accountants perform the important role of issuing certificates required by foreign investors to successfully apply for Business Visas with the Department of Home Affairs. This role requires the accountant to adhere to guidelines provided by the International Standard on Related Services 4400 (ISRS 4400) on how to perform agreed-upon procedure engagements.
Maya Nikolova BAP(SA), MTP(SA), B Com Accounting, PG Dip Tax is an expert in this sphere and we have invited her to present a webinar on what is involved in immigration accounting as well as how one can become a licensed immigration accountant.
The following pricing apply:
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax and Bookkeeper packages.
Study unit 1
Section 15 and Regulation 14 of the Immigration Act No. 13 of 2002
Study unit 2
How to perform an engagement to issue a certificate for Business Visa applications:
- Engagement letters;
- Engagement procedures;
- ISRS 4400 – Objective of an Agreed-Upon Procedure Engagement;
- Proposed revision of ISRS 4400.
- Code of conduct and quality control.
Study unit 3
Partnering with Visa Consultants
Study unit 4
Finding foreign clients
Study unit 5
Other services to provide to successful Business Visa applicants
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Maya Nikolova, BAP(SA) MTP(SA) B Com Accounting, PG Dip Tax
Maya is an Accountant and Registered Tax Practitioner with a demonstrated professional history in the financial accounting and tax industry for over 20 years.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
Your might also like
No results found.