Financial Statements - The Impact of COVID-19
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Be aware of the areas of the financial statements that will be affected by the pandemic, taking into account financial reporting issues and Companies Act considerations;
- Be aware of important considerations and disclosure related to going concern and subsequent events;
- Be able to assess the indicators of impairment relating to goodwill, tangible assets and financial assets; and
- Be able to see how the pandemic has affected fair values and market values.
The 2020/2021 financial years have been very unusual and extremely challenging for many people including the accountant and his work!
Drafting financial statements is not going to be “business as usual” this year. This pandemic has affected some areas of the financial statements and these need careful consideration. Some of these areas include, Companies Act matters, going concern, subsequent events and impairment of assets.
The event will ensure you understand the accounting and impact of the pandemic on estimates, provisions, restructuring, revenue, leases, forex and deferred Tax.
Before you draft your annual financial statements or those of your clients, join us for a webinar that highlights important areas requiring your attention.
Adhoc – R475
Subscription Package – Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper
Study Unit 1
The Companies Act and financial statements.
Study Unit 2
Financial statements presentation and disclosure.
Study Unit 3
Financial statements for different external users.
Study Unit 4
Dealing with complex transactions:
- Going concern and subsequent events.
- Deferred Tax..
Study Unit 5
Overall disclosure of financial statements.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||4|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||4 February, 2021|
Who should attend?
Business Accountants (SA)
Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
Certified Financial Officer (SA)