Financial Accounting - Asset accounting
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event participants should:
- Understand the steps of accounting for assets;
- Understand the correct identification and classification of assets;
- Understand how to correctly present assets in the AFS;
- Understand how to derecognise assets; and
- Have comparative knowledge of the different types of assets.
Asset accounting generally comprises the largest portion of the work that accountants do, and there are many key principles that flow from accounting for property, plant and equipment to financial assets.
During this webinar we will be looking at a comparative view of accounting for various assets and the challenges that each class poses, from definitions to recognition, measurement to presentation as well as derecognition. In our bird’s eye view approach we will compare what is similar so as to highlight the differences.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Study unit 1
Definition of an asset
Study unit 2
Study unit 3
Study unit 4
Study unit 5
Study unit 6
Comparative investigation of:
- Property, plant and equipment
- Investment property
- Intangible assets.
- Biological assets
- Financial assets
- Deferred tax assets
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Caryn has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||15 July, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
Business Accountants (SA)
Accounting department staff