Employees Tax and Covid Considerations
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand PAYE Audits and the EMP501’s process
- Understand Covid considerations
- Learn regarding the reconciliation process
- Know where to find information regarding employees taxation
- Be able to resolve practical payroll problems and issues
- Learn regarding qualifying employees who are in the second qualifying cycly for ETI
- Be informed regarding TERS implications
Managing the EMP501 process effectively is always a difficult task. This year will be particularly difficult due to all the changes implemented during the lockdown period. In this webinar we will explore solutions to the practical problems and difficulties experienced and discuss what SARS expects from us from a compliance perspective.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R475.00
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice plus Tax package.
This webinar will cover at the following issues:
- Common EMP501 reconciling items
- How to deal with a SARS Payroll audit
- TERS and your payroll
- COVID ETI, your payroll system and record keeping
- Any other concerns raised
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Carmen Westermeyer graduated in 2001 from the University of Natal, Durban (now UKZN), with a BCom Honours degree in Accounting and completed her articles with PwC in 2004. She has been a member of SAICA since then.
Carmen stayed with PwC for a year as Assistant Manager, venturing into the world of commerce in 2006. In 2008, she was appointed as a lecturer at UKZN and coordinated the Taxation 300 course until December 2010. From 1 January 2010, Carmen took over the role of Academic Leader for the Taxation Department, as well as the coordination of the Postgraduate Taxation Programme. During her time as Academic Leader she had numerous opportunities to liase with SAICA on issues relating to the ITC, as well as being a member of the Tax Committee.
In December 2012 she started running ad hoc training courses for members of the profession. From December 2013, she moved into commercial training and consulting on a full-time basis. She has been involved in various training activities, such as the SAICA SMP training in 2014 and the FASSET Budget and Tax Update in 2015 and 2016.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
– Summarised slide presentation.
– Reference documents and / or course material where available.
– Access to a technical knowledge base.
– Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction.
R 475 VAT Incl.
Additional Course Information
|Verifiable CPD Hours||2|
|Non-verifiable CPD Hours||N/A|
|Course Date||20 August, 2020|
Who should attend?
Business Accountant (SA)
Business Accountants in Practice (SA)
Certified Business Accountant (SA)
Certified Financial Officers (SA)