Drafting Compliant Annual Financial Statements 2022
To inform participants how to draft Companies Act compliant AFS. March 2022
R 575 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Be aware of current trends and attitudes towards disclosure;
- Understand risks and responsibilities of the compiler;
- Understand compilation per the Companies Act requirements;
- Understand the basic principles of presentation and disclosure per IFRS for SME’s; and
- Know areas of the financials most impacted by COVID-19 for years ended 2021/2022.
As preparers of financial statements, we need to reflect on the usefulness and purpose of the information we present. Unfortunately we often fall back on habit and fail to question the message our financial statements are sending to the users.
Never has this been more important and impactful than the financials we are drafting for the 2021/2022 financial year, taking into account the effect and consequences COVID-19 has had on business and the risks to investors.
We are presenting this webinar where we would like to take the time to stop and reflect on our role and function as drafters of financial statements (aka compilers) during these uncertain times.
- Non-subscriber Ad hoc: R575.00 incl. VAT
- Subscriber: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper
Study Unit 1
Disclosure – current trends.
Study unit 2
What are the compiler’s responsibilities?
Study unit 3
Risks involved in compilation.
Study unit 4
Compilation and the Companies Act.
Study unit 5
IFRS for SMEs principles of presentation and disclosure.
Study unit 6
Calculating the public interest score.
Study unit 7
COVID-19 impact on 2021/2022 financials.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA (SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002, Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
SAIBA Academy Support
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
- Recorded webinar that includes an expert presenter and participant interaction
Your might also like
No results found.