Corporate Governance – The Importance of Ethics.
This webinar illustrates the importance and impact of good corporate governance and how it can be practically implemented. November 2022
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this webinar you will gain the following competencies:
- Understand what good corporate governance entails.
- See how corporate governance is embedded in the Companies Act 71, 2008.
- Understand the intent and purpose of the King IV Code on Corporate Governance and be able to offer advice on it.
- Reflect on what ethical leadership looks like and consider how to implement good corporate governance regardless of the size of your organisation.
- Establish the link between ISQM 1 and corporate governance.
One of the ways a company can ensure its longevity is through the setting up of a sound and appropriate governance structure that is guarded by ethically driven directors who can steer the company into prosperity.
In South Africa, corporate governance is informed by statutes, common law, codes of best practice, and regulations. The Companies Act 71 of 2008 deals with company law and its enforcer is the CIPC while the King IV Code on Corporate Governance prescribes good governance principles and practices that an organisation should follow. Many corporate scandals that surface now and then in the media are an indication of governance weaknesses brought about by a failure to follow and adhere to the above.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R450 for this webinar
- The Companies Act, No 71 of 2008.
- King IV Corporate Governance Framework.
- ISQM 1 relevance.
- Theories of ethical leadership.
- Corporate governance successes and failures.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. She has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.