Company Law Amendments for Bookkeepers and Accountants
082020 Recent company law amendments explained.
R 475 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of this event the participant should:
- Understand the purpose of the Companies Act, 2008;
- Know key proposed amendments and when they will take effect;
- Be aware of recent amendments that are already in effect;
- Understand how the amendments affect the bookkeeper/accountant’s work; and
- Understand how to practically apply these amendments.
The Companies Act, 2008 provides for the incorporation, registration, organisation, management and capitalisation of companies. It also defines the relationships between companies and their shareholders and directors/members. It is vital that everyone who is in the accounting field understands and can practically apply the Act’s provisions in their daily duties. Furthermore, every practitioner should be fully aware of proposed amendments that will take effect soon, and also recently passed amendments.The purpose of this webinar is not to discuss all the legal provisions of the Act but to highlight the parts of the Act that affect the bookkeeper/accountant’s day to day roles. To discuss recent amendments and their effect on your work.
The following pricing apply:
- Ad hoc: R475.00
- Subscription: Included for free for Bookkeepers Subscription package.
Study Unit 1 – Introduction to the Companies Act, 2008.
Study Unit 2 – Amendments – Session 1
- Section 16 – Amending Memorandum of Incorporation;
- section 25 – Location of company records;
- section 26 – Access to company records, and
- Section 30 – Duty to prepare a directors’ remuneration report.
Study Unit 3 – Amendments – Session 2
- Section 33 – Annual returns;
- Section 38 – Validation of irregular creation, allotment or issuing of shares
- Section 45 – Loans or other financial assistance to directors and group of companies;
- Section 48 – Share buy-backs;
- Section 90 – Appointment of Auditors, and
- Section 118 – Application of the Takeover Regulations to private companies.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Russel Ngobeni Russel is a registered Business Accountant in Practice through the Southern Institute for Business Accountants (SAIBA), and a registered Tax practitioner through the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners (SAIT). He holds a Bachelor of Accounting Science degree from the University of South Africa and a National Diploma in Financial Information Systems from Tshwane University of Technology.Russel is the founder of Shinyawani Group of Companies (Pty) Ltd. He has won various entrepreneurial awards in the province of the Free State.
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
Your might also like
No results found.