Companies Act Update 2024
To discuss the changes introduced by CIPC with regards to Beneficial Ownership and director changes. March 2024
Category: Financial Reporting
R 375 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this webinar you will gain the following competencies:
- Gain significant knowledge of documenting Beneficial Owners and the reasons behind their recording.
- Familiarise attendees with the Companies Act and Regulations, specifically focusing on the obligations concerning Beneficial Owners.
- Acquire the knowledge of the process for submitting Beneficial Ownership information.
- Gain proficiency in the online submission of director changes through the CIPC platform.
- Understand and adhere to the CIPC’s stipulated requirements for submitting changes in directorship information.
Are you familiar with the recent publications from the Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC)?
The execution of company secretarial functions is imperative for all companies, Close Corporations, and other relevant entities operating in South Africa. These functions constitute a fundamental aspect of our operational framework and the comprehensive services we extend to our accounting and assurance clientele. Therefore, maintaining a current understanding of the latest advancements in this domain is crucial.
The CIPC, as the regulatory authority overseeing compliance with the Companies Act, consistently issues significant updates to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
The following pricing apply:
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- The function of the CIPC.
- Official communications released by the CIPC.
- Intent behind issuing notices..
- Explanation of outlined requirements.
- Companies Amendment Act implications.
- Submission of documents to the CIPC.
- Necessary supporting documentation.
- Mandated forms and specified formats.
- Documentation of beneficial ownership.
- Checklist for ensuring compliance.
The following CPD is awarded 3 Units Financial Reporting
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
Edith Wilkins – Director Sekratari
Edith Wilkins has been in the Company statutory services environment since the beginning of her career in 1990 and gained knowledge and understanding of the Companies Act and related legislation throughout the years. She obtained a Certificate in Advanced Corporate Law at the Tshwane University of Technology in 1999; a Certificate in Advanced Corporate and Securities Law from UNISA in 2013 and a Certificate in The Introduction to Corporate Governance from UNISA in 2018. She is also the holder of certificates from the University of Cape Town in Corporate Due Diligence and Corporate Governance.
Edith is the sole director of a company called Sekretari. Her team performs all duties relating to company secretarial services, including drafting agendas and minutes of meetings, preparing board packs, attending meetings and liaising with the CIPC on a daily basis. Edith has been responsible for in-house training on company secretarial duties for more than 11 years and presented seminars and webinars in conjunction with the Institute of Accounting and Commerce, 20/20 Innovation, and SA Accounting Academy.
CIBA Academy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.