Business Rescue Specialist Licence Renewal 2023
Renewal for CIBA Business Rescue Specialists, who previously obtained their Business Rescue Specialists License.
R 2500 VAT Incl.
Requirements of a Business Rescue Practitioner (BRP)
Section 138 of the Companies Act, 2008 regulates the qualifications required for a business rescue practitioner.
In order to qualify as a BRP, a person must be:
- a member in good standing of an accounting, legal or business management professional body accredited by CIPC (section 138(1)(a)); thus, accredited by an institution like CIBA and
- be licensed as such by CIPC (section 138(1)(b)).
Read the revised CIPC requirements for licensing a BRP here.
CIBA Accreditation process
As part of the accreditation process, CIBA is responsible for:
- Ensuring that members are competent and able to provide high-quality services and accountable for the work they perform.
- Providing opportunities and monitoring Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Reporting CPD compliance and non-compliance.
The objective of the BRP Renewal Assessment
Evidence of competence in the specialist area is required by the CIPC, to maintain your license with the CIPC as a Business Rescue Practitioner. The annual renewal of the Business Rescue Specialist License provide evidence of
- continued competence and
- the commitment of the license holder to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) relating to Business Rescue engagements.
Annual renewal fee R2,500.00
The License renewal includes a declaration and assessment.
The entry requirements to renew a Business Rescue Specialist License is that the member should previously have completed the CIBA Business Rescue Specialist License:
Your might also like
No results found.