Bookkeepers CPD Subscription 2023 (Migration)
Access to professional and technical content that ensures both your knowledge and skills are maintained so you remain professionally competent and achieve success in your professional career and practice.
From: R 200 VAT Incl. / month
A bundle of CPD events paid for monthly or as a once-off annual amount. The individual CPD events are loaded to your profile during 2023, as they are released during the year and can be viewed at a convenient time 24/7.
Who will benefit from the subscription
Bookkeepers, Accountants, Payroll administrators, Bookkeeping and Accounting Clerks
What you will learn
Subscribing for the Bookkeepers series will enable you to:
- Be aware of the latest legislative changes and what it means for your business, practice, and your clients;
- Deliver better compliance services;
- Deliver more accurate and timely books-to-trial balance;
- Understand and apply the accounting cycle;
- Have access to your own technical resource; and
- Have access to experts for technical queries.
Part-time or full-time, as a bookkeeper you earn extra income by helping small companies grow and remain compliant. The CIBA Bookkeepers CPD Subscription option provides you with the knowledge and skills to make a success of your career.
The subscription offers:
- immediate access to new content released monthly
- 24/7 access to CPD events within your own online CPD portal
- online recorded webinars presented by well known qualified accountants and professors
- >48 CPD units available (equivalent to >48 CPD hours)
- 12 months professional development with automatic renewal
- access to technical experts and technical FAQs
- access to technical support library
- access to Technical Helpdesk
- CPD in-line with IES 7 of IFAC and recognized by all major professional accountancy bodies for CPD units
The subscription includes various CPD events that typically consist of:
- A 2-4 hour webinar – access 24/7 to the online recordings,
- Slide presentations for future reference,
- An assessment providing 2 – 4, outcomes-based CPD units,
- Electronic CPD certificate of attendance for sharing on social media, and
- Access to presenters for Q&A support.
The CPD events cover the following topics:
- Financial Management
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Practice Management
Our expert presenters are experienced bookkeepers and they share their many years of experience in short online recordings, making you smarter, faster.
The subscription package consists of a predetermined list of CPD events from 1 Jan 2023 to 31 December 2023 at the following cost:
- Once-off Annual Cost – R2,160.00 CIBA members only (Normal price R3,060.00)
- Monthly installment – R200.00 per month CIBA members only (Normal price R300)
Subscription package registration includes an automatic annual or monthly renewal. No cancellations will be considered for the first year after registration, thereafter a month’s notice applies from the date the signed cancellation form is received. The CPD events are accessible for 12 months from January 2023. If you are not a CIBA member, join here to become an Associate member at R1,360 per year. No incorrect purchases will be refunded.
CPD events included in the Subscription
|Monthly Compliance and Legislation Update (content listed below)||Monthly||3|
|Month-End and Year-End Closing Procedure||Feb 2023||2|
|Preparing a set of accounts for an Accountant||Mar 2023||2|
|Payroll for bookkeepers||Apr 2023||2|
|VAT for bookkeepers||May 2023||2|
|Excel for Bookkeepers||Jun 2023||2|
|CIPC Updates||Jul 2023||2|
|Personal and Business Income Tax for bookkeepers||Aug 2023||2|
|Ethics for Bookkeepers||Sep 2023||2|
|Companies Act: A refresher||Oct 2023||2|
|Month-End Reporting – Balance Sheets||Nov 2023||2|
Topics included in the Monthly Compliance and Legislation Update:
Updates regarding financial reporting and the accounting pronouncements, e.g. proposed and effective changes to International Accounting Standards (IAS), IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, etc. It also encompasses important news from IFAC, standard-setting authorities and other relevant role players in the financial reporting field.
Auditing And Assurance Services
Updates regarding new auditing pronouncements, e.g. proposed and effective changes to International Standards of Auditing (ISAs), South African Auditing Practice Statements (SAAPS), etc. It also encompasses important news from IRBA and other relevant role players about assurance services (i.e. auditing and independent review), non-assurance services, etc.
Updates and important notices released by CIPC, the Companies Tribunal and the Compliance Unit. It may also include general information on upcoming deadlines and other relevant information regarding the performance of company secretarial and related services.
This usually includes updates to the BCEA, sector-specific determinations setting out minimum wage rates, as well as publications containing lessons to be learnt from case law and judgments, e.g. CCMA, Labour Court, Supreme Court of Appeal, etc.
Other Laws And Regulations
This usually includes publications regarding various other Laws and Regulations, e.g. BBBEE, Consumer Protection Act, National Credit Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
Overview Of Auditors Big 5 For SMPs
Overview of the developments in the auditors profession e.g. NCR Guidance, Draft Acts, Regulations, Bills, Amendment Acts, Government Gazette Notices, etc.
Overview of the developments in the tax profession as highlighted by SAIT e.g. new income tax pronouncements, interpretation notes, guides, etc. It also encompasses important news about SARS operations, eFiling, etc.
Updates to notices, articles, guides and press releases from relevant regulators in our industry, e.g. IRBA, SAIBA, SAIT, FIC, FSB, JSE, Law Society SA and Fidelity Fund, Estate Agency Affairs Board (EAAB), SAICA, FRSC etc.
Includes notices, articles and press releases from relevant stakeholders, e.g. ombudsman, etc. It also encompasses important news about SARS operations, eFiling, Newspaper articles, Technical magazines, Regulators issuing general news items, General media articles.
Various vetted and experienced presenters that we source from successful firms.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query