Administration of Deceased & Insolvent Estates
To show attendees the requirements and procedures involved in the administration of deceased and insolvent estates. July 2022
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By the end of this webinar the participant should:
- Have knowledge of the relevant parts of legislation that govern the administration of insolvent and deceased estates.
- Have a practical understanding of statutory requirements in reporting, administering and winding up an estate.
- Have an appreciation of what happens to an individual’s assets and liabilities upon death as well as basic estate tax requirements.
- Be aware of the role played by the Master of the High Court with regards to deceased estates.
- Know all other stakeholders’ roles and responsibilities including the executor/administrator.
Accountants are trusted professionals that can oversee the administration of insolvent and deceased estates on behalf of their clients.
This oversight function requires that one has full knowledge of the procedures involved in the administration of estates. It is also essential to have background knowledge of relevant legislation – the Administration of Estates Act, and the Insolvency Act.
- Non-subscriber Ad hoc: R450.00 incl. VAT
- Subscriber: N/A
- Relevant legislation:
- Administration of Estates Act.
- Insolvency Act.
- Important definitions.
- Stakeholders and their responsibilities.
- Administrative processes.
- Practical pitfalls and solutions.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Jako became a Chartered Accountant and Registered Public Auditor in 2001. His entire career has been in public practice except for a stint as CFO in the Free State Provincial Government from 2010 to 2012.
Jako consults for clients across South Africa on Accounting Standards and Compliance, Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, Tax and Business Development. He serves as an assessor in the Free State High Court of Appeals as representative in Public Practice. Jako is also a registered SAICA assessor for Trainees.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.