Accountant’s Responsibility as a Professional Citizen
To discuss professional citizenship as an accountant. October 2022
R 450 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By the end of this event the attendee should have the following competencies:
- The ability to demonstrate professional behaviour and have a positive impact on one’s profession and the community at large.
- Have an understanding of key concepts associated with citizenship such as ethics, the law, regulation, professionalism, rights, and responsibilities.
- Appreciate the meaning of good citizenship in general, and why it is something to be aspired to by every professional.
- Demonstrate professional behaviour in personal branding and business etiquette.
- Have a deeper and more focused commitment to serve the public interest.
Accountancy operates within a context just like any other profession. There is a mindset that associates the career with prosperity and financial stability, and which tends to focus on self – how the personal interests can be served by the profession, rather than what self can do for the profession.
This webinar seeks to present the case for a world view where accounting professionals give rather than just take from society. It seeks to promote a world view that argues for a more sustainable mindset which focuses on serving by using financial skills to create a better world and, in the process, leave a more enduring legacy centred on protecting the public interest. When there is purpose attached to work, life takes on more meaning, and meaning serves for happier and more fulfilled professionals.
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R450 for this webinar
- Defining the concept of citizenship.
- Relevant skills possessed by accountants.
- Professional citizenship and the regulatory frameworks.
- How can accountants observe both the spirit and the law in how they serve?
- Extending beyond commercial to more social compacts.
- The changing world view.
- The importance of mentorship within the profession.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Constance Kawelenga CA(SA)
Constance Kawelenga is a chartered accountant with a broad proficiency in finance, taxation and auditing. She has attained a diverse range of experience – from Big 4 audit experience, commercial multinational exposure to running an audit and consulting boutique over the past 8 years. In 2013, Constance founded the Zuva Group of entities, focusing on audit, financial management, taxation, secretarial, business mentorship as well as business valuations.
SAIBA Academy Support
Login to SAIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.