Accountants’ Discussion Forum: You are an Accountable Institution, practically what does that mean? May 2023
To assist in addressing the practical challenges of the recent amendments to Schedule 1 of the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) Act of 2001. May 2023
R 380 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
Attending this webinar will equip you with the following skills:
- Informed about the best solutions to resolve current accounting issues.
- Competent to resolve current issues experienced in your practice.
- Able to guide your staff to assist clients with their accounting issues.
- Informed about the available resources to resolve accounting issues.
Most accountants will fall under the Trust and Company Service Provider category, this webinar will assist practitioners in understanding and managing their increased compliance risk.
This webinar will assist in addressing the practical challenges of the recent amendments to Schedule 1 of the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) Act of 2001. These amendments have identified trust and company service providers as Accountable Institutions with all the compliance and reporting responsibilities that come with being regulated by FIC and the related supervisory bodies.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- What is money laundering?
- Are you an Accountable Institution?
- FICA Registration process.
- FICA Risk and Compliance Manual and process.
- Who are the Supervisory Bodies and what are their responsibilities?
- Know your Client – risk assessment of clients and business relationships.
- Reporting obligations under FICA.
- Directives from FICA.
- Sanctions and Enforcement under FICA.
- Related Anti Money Laundering Laws
- The Prevention of Organised Crime Act 121 of 1998 (POCA).
- Protection of Constitutional Democracy against Terrorist and Related Activities Act 33 of 2004 (POCDATARA).
- Prevention and Combating of Corrupt Activities Act (PRECCA).
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R450.00 for this webinar
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a registered auditor and chartered accountant since 2002. Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics.
Carmen Westermeyer CA(SA)
Carmen Westermeyer graduated in 2001 from the University of Natal, Durban (now UKZN), with a BCom Honours degree in Accounting and completed her articles with PwC in 2004. She has been a member of SAICA since then. In 2008, she was appointed lecturer at UKZN and coordinated the Taxation 300 course until December 2010. She then took over the role of Academic Leader for the Taxation Department, as well as the coordination of the Postgraduate Taxation Programme.
In December 2012 Carmen started running ad hoc training courses for members of the profession. From December 2013, she moved into commercial training and consulting on a full-time basis. She has been involved in various training activities, such as the FASSET Budget and Tax Update in 2015 and 2016.
CIBA Academy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.