Accountants’ Discussion Forum: How to ensure your compliance with FICA June 2023
The webinar will highlight the practical steps businesses must follow to ensure they are compliant with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA). June 2023
R 380 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this discussion forum, you will be:
- Have a basic understanding of FICA and the obligations you must fulfil to ensure that you become FICA compliant.
- Knowledge of where and how to register as an Accountable Institution.
- Have the ability to identify who your compliance officer is and what they need to do.
- Gain an understanding of what your risk and compliance responsibilities are.
- Gain useful insight into how DocFox can assist you with your duties, responsibilities and obligations.
Our Accountants’ Discussion Forum is a live and interactive forum that deals with current issues experienced by accounting professionals. Caryn Maitland CA(SA) hosts this discussion forum during which she’s joined by an expert on the topic under discussion to interrogate and debate on it from their different viewpoints.
These sessions are held monthly and are intended to provide you with solutions and answers to your current issues. This month we present a complimentary webinar during which Caryn is joined by Tertia Barrett from DocFox to discuss FICA compliance.
The following topics are under discussion for this month:
- What is FICA (Financial Intelligence Centre Act)?
- FICA compliance and your obligations.
- Who are Accountable Institutions (AIs)?
- How do I register with FIC?
- Compliance officer – who can I appoint and what are their roles and responsibilities?
- What do I need to include in my FIC Risk and Compliance Manual?
- What do I need to do to satisfy FIC with respect to knowing my client?
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- DocFox – who are they?
- How does DocFox assist with FICA responsibilities and obligations?
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. She has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
Tertia Barett is the Sales Director at DocFox. She is passionate about engaging with people and moving business forward through smart technology. With over 20 years’ experience in the B2B SaaS environment, working in a variety of highly competitive and fast-paced industries, Tertia has become accustomed to easily identifying and solving business issues and processes through the use of technology.
CIBA Academy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.