Accountants’ Discussion Forum: Artificial Intelligence and Accounting 2023
This webinar looks at highlighting how professionals can benefit from AI and apply it in their work. August 2023
R 380 VAT Incl.
What you will learn
By attending this discussion forum, you will be:
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of ChatGPT and its ethical application, along with similar technologies.
- Recognising the necessary adaptations and enhancements accountants must make to remain relevant in their service offerings.
- Developing the expertise to effectively address current challenges encountered in your accounting practice.
- Acquiring the ability to lead and support your staff in assisting clients with their accounting concerns.
- Staying informed about the various resources available to effectively resolve accounting issues.
This Accountants’ Discussion Forum is hosted by Caryn Maitland CA(SA) and Carmen Westermeyer CA(SA). The discussion forum is not a traditional webinar or seminar that is developed by presenters, it is a live and interactive forum to deal with current issues experienced by accounting professionals.
This webinar aims to examine the influence of artificial intelligence on accountants, focusing on two aspects: how it can enhance the quality of their work and the potential risks it posts to the profession.
These sessions are held monthly and are intended to provide you with solutions and answers to your current issues.
- What is AI?
- How can it be used in the accounting field?
- How will it change the day to day job of an accountant?
- What ethical issues are raised by AI?
The following pricing apply:
Ad hoc: R380 for this webinar
Subscription: Included for free in Accountant in Practice, Accountant in Practice plus Tax, Bookkeeper and QuickUpdate packages.
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date
Caryn Maitland CA(SA)
Caryn Maitland is a Chartered Accountant (SA). She has been a member of IRBA as a registered auditor and accountant since 2002.
Caryn has lectured Auditing and Accounting at various institutions and has conducted independent workshops and seminars for professional accountants since 2006 on various topics. She has presented on the national tour for the annual Legislation Update with ProBeta Training (Pty) Ltd in 2014 and 2015, as well as on the FASSET national tour for the Tax Administration Act in 2014.
Carmen Westermeyer CA(SA)
Carmen Westermeyer graduated in 2001 from the University of Natal, Durban (now UKZN), with a BCom Honours degree in Accounting and completed her articles with PwC in 2004. She has been a member of SAICA since then. In 2008, she was appointed lecturer at UKZN and coordinated the Taxation 300 course until December 2010. She then took over the role of Academic Leader for the Taxation Department, as well as the coordination of the Postgraduate Taxation Programme.
In December 2012 Carmen started running ad hoc training courses for members of the profession. From December 2013, she moved into commercial training and consulting on a full-time basis. She has been involved in various training activities, such as the FASSET Budget and Tax Update in 2015 and 2016.
CIBA Academy Support
Login to CIBA Academy
Select My Dashboard
Select Submit a Ticket to log a new query
Your might also like
No results found.