Catch Up CPD: Bookkeeper 2021
Bundle of the most popular webinars hosted during 2021 for Bookkeepers.
R 3349 VAT Incl.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Knowledge, provisions and practical implications regarding various topics for Bookkeepers. Detail provided per topic in the Content section.
This Catch-up CPD 2021 bundle consists of the most popular webinars hosted during the year and was created to ensure that members who are not CPD compliant can obtain the necessary verifiable CPD credits.
This e-learning intervention gives you access to professional and technical content that ensures both your knowledge and skills are maintained so you remain professionally competent.
CPD events included
Ad Hoc Price
Ethics for Bookkeepers
Vat for Bookkeepers
Management Accounting and Cash Flow
Payroll for Bookkeepers (Part 1 and Part 2)
Drafting Companies Act Compliant Financials
Compliance and Legislation Update for July 2021
This Catch-up CPD bundle offers the following topics:
1. Ethics For Bookkeepers
Presented by Nestene Botha CA(SA) | 2 Units | What you will learn:
- Understand the new environment and role of the bookkeeper;
- Understand the ethical pressure on bookkeepers at the moment;
- Understand the ethical duties of the bookkeeper and how these would apply in practice;
- Understand the penalties for non-compliance; and
- Understand international norms and legislative prescription on ethics and compliance.
2. VAT for Bookkeepers
Presented by Seanego Phillemon Thupishi BAP(SA) | 2 units | What you will learn:
- Know and understand how VAT is administered;
- Have a practical understanding of VAT calculations;
- Know how to classify different types of supplies;
- Know SARS timelines as well as their penalties and interest charges; and
- Understand how VAT payable or refundable affects a business’ cash flow.
3. Advanced Bookkeepers: Management Accounting and Cash Flow
Presented by Thabo Malema | 3 units | What you will learn:
- Understand the importance of management accounting and cash flow in every business’ survival;
- Know which management accounting techniques can be used effectively during a slump in the economy;
- Understand how to manage overheads;
- Understand why it is important to prepare regular management accounting reports; and
- Know how to prepare useful management accounting reports.
4. Payroll for Bookkeepers part 1 and part 2
Presented by Russel Ngobeni | 5 (Part 1) + 3 (Part 2) | What you will learn:
- Have background knowledge to legislation that governs payroll;
- Understand how to register for and calculate PAYE, SDL and UIF;
- Know how and when to submit required SARS reports;
- Understand the repercussions for late submission and non-compliance;
- Understand how payroll affects financial reporting;
- Understand how to calculate employees’ taxable income;
- Understand how to complete and submit SARS returns;
- Be able to process and generate employee tax certificates;
- Understand how to perform payroll reconciliations; and
- Be able to use cloud payroll administration.
5. Drafting Companies Act Compliant Financial Statements
Presented by Caryn Maitland CA(SA) | 5 units | What you will learn:
- Be aware of current trends and attitudes towards disclosure;
- Understand risks and responsibilities of the compiler;
- Understand compilation per the Companies Act requirements;
- Understand the basic principles of presentation and disclosure per IFRS for SME’s; and
- Know areas of the financials most impacted by COVID-19 for years ended 2020/2021.
6. Compliance and Legislation Update July
Presented by Lettie Janse Van Vuuren CA(SA) | 3 units | What you will learn:
- IFRS Monthly news summary
- Updated Accounting Guidelines on 2 GRAP standards
- Update on IRBA Consultation Paper – Enhancing Disclosures in the Auditor’s Reports in South Africa: Addressing the Needs of Users of Financial Statements
- CIPC updates and notices
- Update on new direction with regard to vaccination in the workplace from the Employment and Labour Minister
- A self-help guide to the CCMA
- The Disaster Management Act (COVID-19 workplace safety directions);
- The National Environmental Management Act (Environmental impact assessments);
- The National Health Act (Certificates of need);
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act (Ergonomics regulations); and
- The Protection of Personal Information Act (Transitional arrangements).
- UIF Contribution Threshold increased with effect from 1 June 2021
- Sectional Titles Act: Amendment of Regulations 2021
- Deeds Registries Amendment Act: Amendment of Regulations 2021
- New Extension of PAIA Manual exemption
- COIDA Minimum assessment introduced for Domestic Workers
- SARS Binding Class Ruling (BCR) 077 – Capital gains tax consequences of in specie distribution by company to its shareholders
- SARS Binding Private Ruling (BPR) 366 – Distribution in specie of shares
- SARS Binding Private Ruling (BPR) 365 – Interpretation and application of the de-grouping provision in section 45(4)(b)
- SARS Draft Binding General Ruling (BGR) – Purchase of different types of annuities at retirement
- SARS Draft Binding General Ruling (BGR) – Disqualification as a qualifying company under section 12R(4)(b)
- Companies Tribunal 10 Cases finalised in JUNE 2021 (2 AGM, 4 Name Disputes, 2 Directorship Disputes, 2 Exemption from SEC)
- The Competition Commission’s draft guidelines on small merger notification
- BASA Code of Conduct
POPIA update from Information Regulator (including their enforcement powers)
PAIA update from Information Regulator
Guidance note on exemptions from the conditions of POPIA from the Information Regulator
- Guidance note on Processing of Special Personal Information
- Guidance note on Processing of personal information of children
- FSCA Publications & Press Releases
- VAT Connect Newsletter
- Latest Tax Practitioner Newsletter from SARS
There are no preconditions for this course.
Recorded webinar made available on a specified date.
SAIBA ACADEMY SUPPORT
Go to HTTPS://SAIBA.ACADEMY/LOGIN/
Select MY DASHBOARD
Select SUBMIT A TICKET to log a new query
By attending this webinar, you will be provided with:
- Summarised slide presentation
- Reference documents and / or course material where available
- Access to a technical knowledge base
Your might also like
No results found.